hybred three wheeled taxis

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
ruprek
hybred three wheeled taxis

Hello all, I am usually down in the small scooter forum, but I'm thinking of entering a business venture and wonder if some of you might be able to guide me. I'm looking to purchase a couple of those three wheeled peddle taxis you see downtown and around sporting and concert venues. Is there a company here in the US that manufactures a taxi that also electric powered be it front hub or rear wheel powered? I found a US company site about a year ago, but I can't find it anymore. Not sure if I'm ready to deal with China as I'm not buying a fleet and they are kinda funky looking. Any help on this would be appreciated. Also, anybody have knowledge of government grants for a hybrid taxi business? Thanks for you help.

sgmdudley
Re: hybred three wheeled taxis

Sounds like you would be interested in this Tree Hugger Article

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/04/ecocab-green-taxi-canada-toronto.php

Robert Dudley
E-Scoot Tech

pgarver

Try Organic Engines, which is actually in Tallahassee (I thought it was German, for some reason). They sell pedicabs, and as a side-benefit they are ridiculously cheap. I've seen one (a guy in Cleveland bought one and ended up not being able to start the business, and it's been hanging at the bicycle nonprofit where I work for the last 4 years), and it is all top-notch components. I can't imagine the guy who makes them is making any money at all.

Here is the site:
http://organicengines.com/products/pedi-cabs/

As for government grants, it seems unlikely to me. Just sell ads on the cab and you should be OK.

Good luck!

edit: I just noticed you were looking for hybrid electric - you could modify one of these pretty easily (replace the front wheel, which is the one with the gears on it, with a motorized rear 20" wheel), but they are built to be pedaled from the factory.

ruprek

Thanks all for the info. Before I spend bunches of time trying to secure a grant, tell me your thoughts as to why it wouldn't fly for a business grant. With no emissions and a way to relieve congestion in the inner city sports venues it would seem to be a perfect fit where Anybody out there have an opinion on this. Since I'm going to have to "sell it" to a government agency I would appreciate anyones thoughts. thank you!

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage