Stuck Keyswitch

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tanner
Tanner's picture
Stuck Keyswitch

Are there any Zapino owners that have had a problem with a stuck keyswitch? I locked the keyswitch last night by pressing the key and turning to the left like the instructions show. This did lock the handlebars, but when I went to unlock it this morning the key would not turn. Pressing the key in still didn't allow the key to turn. I couldn't turn it to the left of right to release the seat lock. After about 20 minutes of jiggling the key I was able to turn it and unlock it. I previously locked and unlocked the switch several times the day before and it worked fine.

sgmdudley
Re: Stuck Keyswitch

When you rotate the key counterclockwise to unlock the seat, you can press down a little on the seat to allow the mechanism to release. You should also be careful about locking the seat as the mechanism can bend underneath. I press down firmly while the key is fully counterclockwise, then release the key when I lock the seat.
To lock/unlock the steering, the key sets a rod into the steering head. The handlebar asm can put a bind on this pin which would cause the lock to be difficult to release.
Rotate the handle bar slightly while turning the key clockwise, same as the locking steering in a car that can bind by the pressure of the wheels turning the steering against the locking mechanism.
Be careful. My dealer has had two keys break already. They are really cheap metal. They
broke off in the lock and he had to replace the whole lock mechanism on one of them.

Robert Dudley
E-Scoot Tech

Tanner
Tanner's picture
Re: Stuck Keyswitch

OK thanks. It didn't happened again today when I locked the handlebars so maybe it was a one time thing.

Steve Tanner

Who's online

There is currently 1 user online.

• Juli76

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage