How to connect the brake signal on CT-660B9

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
gmouchawar
How to connect the brake signal on CT-660B9

I am in the process of recovering from the bad 24v evg ebike controller. I bought a 36V 40A brushed controller for a good deal from http://www.tncscooters.com/CT-660B9.php I an in the process of wiring it all together. Got it to work on the bench. I want to connect my ebike brakes to it. They have a magnet that closes a reed switch when the lever is activate. Does anyone know how to wire the brake signal on these scooter controllers? Pulling the singal low doesn't produce repeatable results. I think it wants to be pull high. I am afraid to blow the input. I thought I consult the expert here 1st.

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture
Re: How to connect the brake signal on CT-660B9

This should answer your questions. The Lock Connector is where you connect the reed switch. If you have front and rear brake switches the are to be connected in parallel. When a switch closes it will cause the controller to disable the motor output from the controller and will place 36-volts on the Brake Connector. You can connect a light or LEDs to this connection to act as a brake light.

Grandpa Chas S.

gmouchawar

The brakes are normally open switch. The lock will disable if it is open. It is looking for a normally closed switch. So that is not the correct wiring for it.
The document attached also came with the controller. However the actual wiring is differnt.
Instead of brake 1 the is bat+ which has 36V always. Instead of the gray speed indicator, there is a yellow wire (unknown functionality). The brake 2 violet is actually blue in that position.

The date of the controller is 9-07.
Regards,

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture

After I read your recent post I think you are correct. I use these types of controllers on all my e-bikes but most have more connections. The ones I use have a "Brake" connection and that is where I connect the Brake switches. Are there any connections not shown on the diagram?

Grandpa Chas S.

gmouchawar

Chas,

What I don't understand is the the brake switch should be between two wires.
Brake 2 is blue and seem to activate the brakes if I touch it with a volt meter in high impedance mode (V or ohms). So that is one of the wires for sure.
There are 2 remaining wires in the bundle.
There is one wire that has 37V. This I think was mistakenly labeled brake 1.
Now it is still possible that connecting the signal to 37V would activate the brake
but I don't have the courage to do that on the fear of blowing the input.
There is another wire is yellow. This is mislabelled as being gray and as the speed indicator.
I can try to see if connecting to the yellow wire will do it, but I will check the voltage between
the two singal first.
Thanks for your help. This seems to be a popular controller. I was hoping that someone else has solve the wiring puzzle 1st.
Regards

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture

Now that I look at the diagram and see the one 6 wirer connector I see where you are talking about. I would not hesitate to connect the wires as labeled. I have even connected the power connections backwards on these controllers and they are still working they are very well made and seem to be able to take a lot of miss use.

Grandpa Chas S.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage