Vectrix: Price Reduction

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Buzby
Buzby's picture
Vectrix: Price Reduction

Looks as though Vectrix Corp is preparing for an agressive start to the 2008 biking season with a substantial price reduction. I don't have official confirmation from Vectrix themselves, however one of their dealerships in the UK (Reading) is advertising that they currently have the model available for an incredible £4,995. This price includes all OTR costs and delivery (which will be undertaken by Vectrix). On speaking with RG, they say that in addition to Vectrix's reduction, they've taken the decision to scale back their dealer markup to bring it under the £5,000 to gauge public demand. There's no info on whether this a a promotional offer ot a new price point, either way it's going to make the bike affordable to many more folk.

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: Vectrix: Price Reduction

This process has been going on for a while now.

When I first enquired about the Vectrix it was supposed to cost AU$17500.-

I even had finance approved for that amount if I remember correctly.

The price was then dropped to AU15995.- + ORC just before I bought in Dec. 2008.
The reason I was told was that the expected govt. refunds were taking longer than expected to come in and Vectrix was just passing on the future govt. rebates to the customers early.

When my first Vectrix was replaced with a new one the price had been dropped to AU$14995.- , that was about early Feb. 2008. I was told that it was only a promotional price for one month.

I do not know what the price is now.

One can only guess at what point they will be selling - or started to sell - below cost.

They have many unsold bikes and batteries, it might all be part of a "closing down sale".

Even if they wanted to, they could not tell you because of this confidentiality agreement:

http://www.vectrixdealer.com/terms.html

This sort of agreement might be standard for publicly listed companies, not sure.

If the Vectrix prices keep falling like this, sooner or later the last one will be sold.

You need to judge if you want to take on that risk and you need to judge where you think the price will bottom out.

Researching when Vectrix Corps next announcement to their shareholders is due might help here.

Those people able to take on the financial risk should buy immediately, that might turn things around and keep Vetrix Corp going.

This is of course all pure speculation, I HAVE NO EXPERTISE IN SHARE TRADING OR ANALYSIS.

Mr. Mik

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Vectrix-NH

Hi

There Has ben no price change In the USA , that I know of. I do not know , but I would asume Vectrix Being a USA comp. And the US dollar Tanking Around the world that could have some thing to do with It . and as Mik implyed get some cash flow . Sound like Good new for none US Vectrix Buyers . My Vectrix is running great. Doing About 250 mile a week
Now that the weather Is nice .

Happy Riding , Herb

Vectrix-NH

Hi
Herb Again . After writing I found 3 places that listed price drop today. Fresh post. 5/16/08
$8795 to $9200 . It cost me $11,000 . Oh well, 300 Mile in the fall and got to look at it all winter.
Still like mine .

Happy riding , Herb

Hermes

Hello
Can someone confirm (or deny) that at the end of july Vectrix are taking the price back to £6990 (in UK) Euro 9-10k rest of Europe?

Sadly I can't afford it right now, so I think it's bye bye Vectrix for me...

Buzby
Buzby's picture

Well, considering they hadn't officially confirmed the start of the price drop (and it supposedly came as a surprise to Vectrix UK), I can only surmise there will be no information on when it will end, but I DID get the impression it was to be a limited offer. When mine was delivered the driver confirmed they were flying off the racks in the warehouse.

- Raymond

AndY1
AndY1's picture

It says here the offer lasts 'till July 31st:
http://www.eco-motor.it/

Hermes

"We love our Planet, ...... but we love your wallet more."

Why am I not surprised?

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.