Where to buy an Electric bike in Ann Arbor, Michigan

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
two_dogs
Where to buy an Electric bike in Ann Arbor, Michigan

Hi all,

I have recently been thinking about purchasing an electric bike. I'm living in Ann Arbor, MI and can't seem to find any shops that have any to check out. Any suggestions.

two dogs in A2

dogman
dogman's picture
Re: Where to buy an Electric bike in Ann Arbor, Michigan

In all the web searching I've done I'm not sure if you will even find it in chicago. Warning, do not test ride an electric bike. You will get hooked like me and spend money. A lot of us at this and other forums are more into the tinkering around and customizing stuff than dealer served factory bikes. There are some deals on ebay for that stuff, but you are on your own for service. With a minimal ammount of mechanical skills, like you can fix a flat, you can convert a bike into an e bike with a kit. If you need to keep it simple, a hub motor on the front wheel is pretty easy to do if the bike has no front suspension. The kit stuff is much easier to get parts for when you do need them than the usually fancier stuff on production bikes. If you tell us what you need to do on the bike we can give you lots of suggestions for what to buy. The simplest thing is everything you need kits bought over the web. Mine is one of the cheapest, a wilderness energy brushed front hub. They can be found for 4 to 6 hundred depending where you buy it. On the brushed hub I get about 6 miles of full speed riding at about 25 mph, per charge with the batteries that come with it. About 10 miles is the max if you go slower. All my range figures include some hills. With a larger sise lithium battery, my hub will take me about 18 miles, and then need 10 hours to charge. With the price of gas getting what it is you will love an electric bike for any trips you do under about 10 miles round trip. Further is definitely possible, but takes more time, stamina, and better bikes.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

keyboardguy1

hey dogman,

There's a really nice guy on this forum named jdh2550_1 who has a company in Anne Arbor that sells electric scooters and perhaps bikes. At the very least he can give you some great information about where to look. I think his company is called Revolution Electric Vehicles, LLC, and his name is John Harding (jharding [at] comcast.net). Hope this helps. I'm sure it will. Good luck!

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

I highly recommend jdh2550_1 (John Harding) as well.

http://www.revevllc.com/

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage