25mph for 50+miles

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
jk
25mph for 50+miles

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and was hoping to gain some insight on those with experiences with scooters. I'm looking for an alternative transport for my 50miles/each way commute. I'm not sure if there's a bike/scooter out there that would suit my needs but here are some minimum requirements:
- must be a scooter (with pedals) so I won't require a license and insurance to operate it
- ungoverned, must be capable of going 25mph minimum
- range of at least 50 miles
- batteries rechargeable to 100% in the span of 7hrs
- price range between $1500-$2000

Is there such a ride?

Thanks in advance.

andys
andys's picture
Re: 25mph for 50+miles

That's a really long way to be riding each day on a e-bike or scooter. I wouldn't want to ride mine for 4 hours a day even if the batteries would somehow last that long! My opinion is that you are outside the range of current technology to be going 100 miles a day in a reliable way that is going to work for a long period of time. A small gas scooter may be better for your situation.

dogman
dogman's picture
Re: 25mph for 50+miles

The answer to your question is yes, and no for that money, and Why? Assuming its not money that makes you want to ride unlicenced, You will need to start with a really sturdy bike with steel dropouts on the rear end for a rear hub. That kind of mileage would worry me about breaking the forks for a front hub. There goes $1500 allready. You aren't going to get 100 miles a day out of a wallmart bike. Maybe a mid level mongoose, but not the bottom of the line. Now to really spend money, You will need at least 40 ah of Lifepo4. Another $1500 minimum for pings, when he starts selling again. More like $3000 for yesa or something like that. In reality, its not an ebike anymore, but a motorcycle with weak wheels. Another option being looked at is serial hybrid, but finding a 10 pound generator is a problem. When I tested the idea on my trike, battery and generator together weighed 100 pounds. Next day I had a flat, I wonder why? and top speed with that weight was 15 mph.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76