xm-3000 news & info

52 posts / 0 new
Last post
rydnseek
rydnseek's picture
xm-3000 news & info

I put in an order for one of the xm-3000's. I got an email last week telling me they were still not in, but are expected mid july. Are there any that have come in? Any other reviews or things we need to watch out for? I've got 5 vector's ordered, & will be setting up a bank charging system for the scoot. It would be nice to know a little in advance of any electrical issues that might crop up. I'll post my design & connections when i get it together.

Are there any other lurkers or regulars who have one of these scooters ordered? I'm sure we'll need to keep in touch & share any tips, tricks, & disasters we encounter.

Any other word from xtreme, or the distributers?

We shall see! the early buyers always get to be the guinea pigs..

scotty

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
Re: xm-3000 news & info

Last information I received was that the XM-3000 arrived and will be shipping out this Monday, 23 June.

Availability for both colours show them in stock.

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Website currently lists June 30th as the day the bike will be available. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that this is the last delay!

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

rydnseek
rydnseek's picture

i just got an email transaction receipt from alpha products.. evidently the xm-3000's are in & shipping! I should have it within the week.. now to get my charging station ready..

scotty

scotty, Sedona, Az
xm-3000 60v, 38ah silicones, since 7/08
quazar 48v, 12x12ah, since '05
5- vector 2/6/10 bank chargers

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Yep, pre-orders are being processed this evening and will be shipped out tomorrow.

Wouldn't you know it, the timing sucks for me - just when the bikes arrive I'm off on vacation for a week. Oh well, at least I'll know I can get it as soon as I get back ;-)

Enjoy your new scoot.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

eped

Any news on the XM-3500li? :?

Green electric power and use thereof; what more do we need?

mrladderman1

yes the xm-3000 are going to be on there way !!!! i have a blue one coming!!!

LeThala
LeThala's picture

Me too! My card has been charged so I assume my order is being processed. I guess it's time for me to come out of lurk mode. :)

John

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Any news on the XM-3500li?

The container with the XM-3500Li should have set sail last night. I've not heard that it didn't (but haven't yet heard that it did). The bikes should arrive in Iowa ready to be shipped to customers somewhere between 7/21 and 7/28.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Wouldn't you know it, the timing sucks for me - just when the bikes arrive I'm off on vacation for a week. Oh well, at least I'll know I can get it as soon as I get back ;-)

BTW, for those folks that ordered from me - don't worry my vacation doesn't affect the delivery of your bikes and I will be available by phone and email should you have questions. It's just that I won't be able to get my own personal bike yet...

gushar

Hey congrats and I'll be anxious to hear how the new bikes work out!

AF or John...do you know any news about the 700li???? Anybody out there bought one on pre-order or planning on buying one?

Gushar

Gus

rydnseek
rydnseek's picture

Well, the next day after my last post, i got a 'backordered' email, & no charge on my CC. So maybe there are some shipping, & maybe not. But at least i'm in the 'nots'. :(

scotty, Sedona, Az

LeThala
LeThala's picture

I had preordered mine from John and he sent me an email Friday saying it was shipped and on its way. My cc was charged the preorder price. :)

John

mrladderman1

well i had the same thing happen to me !!! they called me 3 times so they could sell it to me-
then the next day- back ordered? what is going on???? i got mine for 1999.99 plus 50.00 for shipping. i see that they all went up in price like 500.00 bucks- so i hope that is not why i got put on the back order list?

mrladderman1

this is a email i just got from a guy that is selling the xm-3000 on e-bay.

Just so you know, Blue on Silver only 2 remaining and Black on Silver only 17 remaining. If you are interested in the blue I expect them to be gone by days end. Black will be gone by weeks end. If you are waiting for some other person to have them in stock they should contact Greg directly. They will find that they are ready to ship.

rydnseek
rydnseek's picture

Well, i just got a call from a shipping company, & they have my scooter! They will try to get it on the truck for tomorrow morning, but if there's no room, they won't deliver 'till Monday!

I had called xtreme a couple of times & left messages, but no one returned the call. Then i noticed today that my CC had indeed been charged, so was hopeful it was on the way.. presumable on the same truck that went to santa fe.

So I might have it tomorrow.. i'll take some pics & post a review.

I got my 5 vector chargers, but one is dead in the box. So i'll have to juggle them a bit at first, until i get the other returned & replaced. I'm going with astar's bank charger setup detailed in 'batteries & chargers' in the other forum.

We'll see how this works out.. maybe the mods will lump us in with the 2000's, or start another forum just for the 3000's. I would think the 3500 would have a lot of different issues, with the li batts.

scotty

scotty, Sedona, Az

mrladderman
mrladderman's picture

how much did it cost you for the 5 vector chargers? and where did you buy them from? thanks.

mrladderman
mrladderman's picture

well i got to ride my xm-3000 after work. it came all charged up- i put 38 miles on it tonight, about half of that with my 6 yr old son holding on. he loves it! he was not too sure that we wanted to get on at first. i got it up to 41 or 42 mph. so its doing alright so far. put it on charge now.all the bolt are nice and tight- they did a good job of putting the bike together. brakes work great also- the seat is VERY big and soft too.

i just want to get a led bulb for the tail light- because it is on ALL the time the bike is on. cant want til i ride it to work next week after i get a tag on it and insurance. would like to get a windshield for it too, hope they make one for it.

rydnseek
rydnseek's picture

I found them on Amazon.. $140 for 5 shipped.

scotty, Sedona, Az

mrladderman
mrladderman's picture

i found this battery charger BATTERY TENDER CHARGER 12VOLT DELTRAN 4-BANK 220148 for $166.00.

can someone who knows chargers systems much better then me- let me know if this is a good idea for my xm-3000? thank you - Newbie here thanks---

LeThala
LeThala's picture

i found this battery charger BATTERY TENDER CHARGER 12VOLT DELTRAN 4-BANK 220148 for $166.00.

can someone who knows chargers systems much better then me- let me know if this is a good idea for my xm-3000?

I believe you need a 5 bank for the xm-3000. My understanding is 'bank' refers to the number of batteries you are charging at once.

John

rydnseek
rydnseek's picture

John has it right. most bikes come with a single charger, which charges the batteries in series.. 5x12= 60v. A bank charger charges each battery individually, so if you have a bad one in the mix, it doesn't adversely affect the other batteries, & it makes it easier to stay up on the batteries' condition. So a bank charger for this bike would have 5 chargers.

I think the biggest problem for electric vehicles is the care of batteries. They are like a pet or a finicky house plant. They need to be monitored, kept charged, not drained too much, & cycled often to be optimal. Battery care should be one of the first things a person educates themself about when getting into ev's.

I have a soneil charger that i use for my old scooter.. but only one, so i have to charge each battery individually.. a little labor intensive. When i ordered this one, i decided to get the vectors, which are a good bang for the buck. They are 2/6/10 chargers, have a voltage check feature, which will be nice to check each battery both before & after charging... that might even replace a pactrakr setup i was thinking of getting.

Check out astars 'bank charging' thread in 'batteries & chargers' on this forum. It's kind of long, & there was some confusion early on whether the circuit would work, but it is a tried & true wiring circuit. But even if you wire each battery charger up individually, that kind of charging setup is still better than string charging.

After i get my scoot, i'll be wiring up my bank charger.. i got some nice connectors, some wire & a crimper. I'll report back how it all went, & maybe get some pics in too.

scotty

scotty, Sedona, Az

mrladderman
mrladderman's picture

could i use the 4 bank charger to charge 4 batteries. then use the charger that came with the bike to charge the 5th battery?

reikiman
reikiman's picture

could i use the 4 bank charger to charge 4 batteries. then use the charger that came with the bike to charge the 5th battery?

The charger that came with the bike is meant to charge a 60v pack. If you use it to charge a 12v battery it'll try to make that 12v battery charge up to 60v and, uh, over charge it ....

Chargers need to match the battery pack they're charging.

mrladderman
mrladderman's picture

thanks reikiman for the info- saved my butt!

well i guess i was wrong when i said all the bolts were tight--- 1 bolt fell off the back brake caliper. and its was a friend that saw it. boy i am glad he was there for me. i was rubbing also. plus i did not check the tire pressure. and the front tire needed 25 more psi. the back was right 36 psi. so now, i know that looking at the tire will not tell me how much air is in the tires. and i got a few more mph on it today with the right tire pressure. i have a winshield on order also- i will post how it looks and about the mounting of it too after i get it.

mrladderman
mrladderman's picture

i found this owners-manual- its starts to get good on page 18(17) http://site.electric-scooters-galore.com/images/zapino/zapino-owners-manual-revised.pdf

andys
andys's picture

I admire the pioneering spirit of the "early adopters" of these new, interesting, and fairly untested products.

From reading several different posts about this bike, seems like so far that the bike is basically a decent product, but needing its new owner to do the quality control as is usual with this type of product from China. And that they still have room for improvement in their shipping packaging.

Wouldn't it be nice if Honda or another major player put out a slightly more expensive but much higher quality ready-out-of-the-box E-scoot with local warranty service? I wonder if they are waiting for $10/gal fuel before they enter the market that obviously has a huge demand.

My main concern and hesitation with the Xtreme X3000 is safety related. Its a very heavy bike and I wonder about the emergency handling abilities. I also wonder about things braking at speed. It can get going fast enough to do some damage if a bolt falls out of the brakes like happen to one poster!

Do you have to sign a major liability release to purchase one of these?

mrladderman
mrladderman's picture

PGT400 - quote- Can you really get 50 miles range from a 3000? The specs say it uses 5, 12v 38 ah batts. I would guess they are low end china agms? Would expect more like 20 mile range.

well the batteries are high end - i have almost 100 miles on my bike in 3 days riding. the first day i put 38 miles on the bike. and had at least 25% left on high speed mode. or in low speed(25)mph 75% left in the battery meter. it depends on how you ride it- the faster you go, the less distance you get- so i will be up to the rider on how far he/she will get. yes 50 miles on a charge can be done without a problem, but you will have to go slower to get that, like 50% at 25 mph or so.. a 3000W motor, 60v (5 x 12V) Greensaver SP27-12 is the battery.

wolf3510
wolf3510's picture

my understanding of electrics is very crude..lol... but im waiting to see the xm-3500, should be interseting, im just hoping to find a dealer somewhere close to windsor, ontario canada and im hopeing the government will allow these bikes in...the government is kinda slow and backwards when it comes to new and improve...also man what a beautiful weekend for driving, i get alot of looks and questions from everyone everywhere i go, these bikes are becoming fast popular...one thing i did notice are the road conditions..my goodness our roads suck...terrible condition...well happy riding everyone im out to go for a nice long drive today...

sparc5
sparc5's picture

Had the scooter on for 2 hours today, it started emitting a wine that would change it's character depending on which lights I had on. It was coming from the DC-DC converer. The plastic cover was warm to the touch. When I popped it open, the little black unit was roasting hot.

I connected a 12V CPU fan to it, to see if that would cool it down when in operation. Sure enough it worked wonderfully. Just need to think of a way to make it permanent.

XM-3000...
-DC-DC converter replaced with a Dell D220P-01 power supply.
-72V mod
-Expensive bank charger until I come up with something better... Still trying.
-

mrladderman
mrladderman's picture

i have my diagnosis light stay on when i turn on my lights. the bike works perfect, no problems at all. it 100% running great.

Pages

Use code&quot;Solar22&quot; and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage