Newbie here - Few Q's on the Vectrix

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
undead
Newbie here - Few Q's on the Vectrix

Hi,

Stumbled across the forum while looking for information on the Vectrix.

I have emailed a few questions to Vectrix europe to ask them a few questions, wondered if anyone here knew any of the answers and real life experiences to back it up (I have had no reply yet)

The questions I asked were -

- Warranty – how long is the warranty for and does it cover every repair aspect (apart from crash damage or user damage of course) should a component or system fail within warranty, and is this warranty insured should your business cease to exist, or get taken over ?

- Is there an option for an extended warranty?

- Is there a repair centre within a reasonable distance of the Berkshire area of the UK should there be a problem with the vehicle, and would you arrange collection of the vehicle for repair should the worst happen?

- Are these problems commonplace or have they been resolved?

- Are the batteries covered by warranty, and if outside warranty are the batteries able to be sourced and replaced by a local repair centre?

Anyone have their own personal answers to these to help me along?

Sorry for the long and boring first post and thanks in advance ;)

Undead - UK South East.

Hermes
Re: Newbie here - Few Q's on the Vectrix

Hello
Warranty is two years and covers any manufacturer fault (ie like any other vehicle).

There is an option called Plug&Go that will take your warranty to 4 years but don't know how much it costs.

Batteries are covered by both standard and P&G option.

Should Vectrix go bust it's anyone's guess who would undertake the warranty responsibility.

Very good news regarding your area, you have a main dealer almost on your doorstep:

http://www.rgvectrixdealership.co.uk/info.html

Pay him a visit and don't be shy to bombard him with questions! You will be able to have a test ride too.

Don't forget to get back to us and let us know your verdict..... and don't forget to ask what would happen in case of Vectrix going out of business (don't be happy with just "oh it's highly unlikely")

Regards

Buzby
Buzby's picture

I can vouch for RG, I bought mine from them. Hermes errs regarding Plug & Go, this is only available in Italy (and is quite expensive). Also the battery is warranted for a further 2 years after the 'bike' part of the warranty expires. From what I have seen, Vectrix are quite good at ensuring faults are repaired or upgrades installed by appointment at the owner's premises. Software changes and the like are done on-site, and other possible issues, that require a workshop mean they drop off a loaner and take yours away. I can't say I've come across any other manufacturer offering that level of service!

- Raymond

Hermes

Apologies for inaccurancies!!!

Thanks Buzby for info, and good luck to Undead.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage