Best AGM's for cycle conversion

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
pgt400
pgt400's picture
Best AGM's for cycle conversion

Whats the perfered 50 AH AGM 12v battery for a motorcycle conversion, the UPS type like Werker, BB , Powersonic or an automotive/marine type like an Optima yellow top?

andrew
andrew's picture
Re: Best AGM's for cycle conversion

It depends on how much performance you want.

For a good performing battery, I would go with the B&B EB50-12 (12v 50 ah). The EB series is specifically designed for electric vehicles. I've read of EVT-168 users putting these batteries in with good results.

For high, or very high performance, then you'll probably want either Odyssey, Exide Orbital 34XCDs, or Optima yellow tops.

Optima yellow tops are not marine, but deep-cycle batteries. You won't want a marine battery, and definitely not a starting battery unless you are just racing.

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]
Pic from http://www.electri

pgt400
pgt400's picture
Re: Best AGM's for cycle conversion

Thanks, well I guess I'll go with the Optima's then. Seems they are about the same price as B&B's plus Costco & Sams carry them. I can't find a local place to buy B&B's (NJ).....must be one.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage