Need the whole "Kit and Kaboodle" :-)

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
todayican
Need the whole "Kit and Kaboodle" :-)

I need to buy an entire drive system for my 72v light "car" (three wheeler 2f1r) it will be a diesel electric hybrid, weigh about 1100 pounds empty with 100ah of sla batterys I am leaning toward the advanced dc 91-4003 because I want to test the car down to 48v and up to 96v can someone reccomend a dealer with good support / prices and options in controllers etc?

Anyone got a used system for me?
Tom

todayican
Re: Need the whole "Kit and Kaboodle" :-)

I got an email from wilderness and they (perhaps its me) didnt seem to have much of a can do attitude? who among the ev parts sellers is easy to work with and will offer advice (even if its for a fee)?

NickF23

Sounds like an interesting project.

Regarding parts suppliers and advice.

you could try evparts.com; thunderstuck-ev.com but there are many more. be aware anyone selling ev related stuff (motors, controllers etc) lives in the knowledge that all of their day could be taken up chatting to people about there EV's. Try to do as much research as you can first and use their time as effectivly as possible.

Useful resources are EVDL list, this forum archives, http://www.evalbum.com/ esp search feature. and endless-sphere.com/forums.

reikiman
reikiman's picture

I've collected a bunch of links to electric vehicles parts here:

http://www.7gen.com/website-categories/electric-vehicle-parts

However for what you're discussing -- I tend to go to evparts.com but cloudelectric.com is also good. Research beforehand is good.

BTW is this 2f1r "light car" made from some kit you can point us at?

todayican

Not a kit, came straight from my head to whats now laying on the shop floor :-)

So...

I built the upper and lower center frame with forward battery box today. Its actually starting to look like something now :-) I Took some pics and will post them at tshtrikes.com tommorow.

I spoke to alex at thunderstruck, nice guy. I went with the d&d sepex and sevcon pack (anyone have experience with this one? I understand its like the advanced dc just a little more um... advanced :-)

The car will look a little like this: http://bp3.blogger.com/_9ypE7dC4vlo/RXzf-iA_9GI/AAAAAAAAAB4/CvqhkHZUFms/s1600-h/Qui_cutie_121006.jpg but with tandem seating, a little narrower overall (now 48") and "pointier" at the tail.

I should have it on the wheels with brakes by friday. goal is to have a "skeleton drive" by friday after next :-)

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage