How do I take my BL-36 wheel apart?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
taddyangle
How do I take my BL-36 wheel apart?

In another post I mentioned the problem I had when the forks broke and one of the wires in the wheel ripped out.

I am working of replacing my forks with some metal forks. I am also trying to repair the wire. I removed all the allen screws on the one side of my rim, but I cannot seem to get the plate of so I can repair the wire. Any ideas?

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture
Re: How do I take my BL-36 wheel apart?

I've never taken apart a BL-36, but I have disassembled a BD-36 and a Golden Motor, which is brushless. Brushless direct drive hubs are all basically identical.

The sideplates are kinda hard to get off. They're press-fitted onto the axles, so it takes some "coaxing" with a lever (AKA screwdriver) to get it off. Once you get it to pop a little, work it from side to side a bit until it pops off. Banging the axle on the ground when the plate's loose seems to work pretty well, too.

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

jackdullboy
Re: How do I take my BL-36 wheel apart?

Just wanted to give a big thanks to the person who posted this and the answer. I was always of the mind set don't force things. Well this thing really had to be pryed open.
Thanks to the two of you, it took about 20 minutes instead of weeks asking question.
PN

E-Biking, the way to go.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage