Vectrix Fit and Finish

1 reply [Last post]
knabo
knabo's picture

I am getting my Vectrix in a few days. I stopped by my dealer yesterday just to say hi and to sit on the Vectrix for a bit. After I got reaquainted with the riding position I decides to crawl around the floor a bit and look at things.

Most of the Vectrix seems to be built pretty well. The panels seem solid and fit together well. The seat latches with a nice click. I could not check out the glove compartment area because I could not remember how the darn thing opened.

But then I came to the grey panels at the very bottom rear of the bike. They seem to be held on by only one bolt and are kind of flimsy.

I have never heard of anyone having a problem with them but in general loose parts have a tendency to fatigue.

When I actually get my Vectrix I will provide a more detailed report. It is kind of what I do for a living.

Luther Burrell, Petaluma, California, USA
Rides: Super Motard electric conversion from ElectricMotorSport.com
ZuumCraft from zuumcraft.com
Previous Rides: Blue Vectrix Maxi scooter

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
TangentStar
Re: Vectrix Fit and Finish

Ya I noticed those are flimsy aswell, can't say I've inspected them for fatigue though.

Becareful when washing down around those things, I've had about 6 cuts from bumping into the edges of those darn things.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Short URL

Customize This