Hi all, from an old - new member

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
RonyG
RonyG's picture
Hi all, from an old - new member

I was a member on the old forum before it was hacked. I think my user name was hambug, but not 100% sure. Anyway, I sold my EVT 168, actually traded it in for the Vespa LX150, which now belongs to my wife and I drive a Vespa GTS 250, but I still have the yearnings for another electric scooter when the technology is there to meet my needs. In the meantime I'll be reading all of the posts to bring me up to speed with what has been taking place in the EV world.

PJD
PJD's picture
Re: Hi all, from an old - new member

Ronny G,

Welcome back!

The technology is "there" but unfortunately serious manufacturers like Vespa, Honda or Piaggio seem to be ignoring it, so it is still only at a "do-it-yourself" level. And, to some extent, you simply have to have to have the mindset that "it has to be electric" even though only a tiny minority will even notice (or maybe, care) it is electric.

I upgraded my e-max to LiFEPO4 cells and range is improved practically to the point of "don't have to think about it" in regular use. Upgraded the performance too, so no more climbing hills with annoyed drivers behind you.

RonyG
RonyG's picture

I wish Vespa, Honda and such would get on the electric bandwagon, but like the auto manufacturers, possibly with the exception of Toyota, it ain't gonna happen for quite a while. I read where Vespa, is or was looking at a hybrid, but both my scooters get around 70mpg so why bother with all of the tech headaches that would come with manufacturing such a scooter. I had high hopes for the EVTA R20 but backed out at the last minute with placing the order and from what I have read here on the site, I'm glad I did. Vectrix, man just to expensive, even at the new lower price. I got my Vespa GTS250 with a few extra options, out the door for under $7000.00 it's a 2007 and I have not had one problem with it, same with the wife's Vespa LX150.

reikiman
reikiman's picture

Rony.. this is straying off topic from welcoming you back, and welcome back!!! However.. The reason to be excited with the MP3 HyS is it ups the miles/gallon to 140 mpg.

http://www.7gen.com/article-summary/plugin-hybrid-electric/24574-piaggio039s-hybrid-scooters-mp3-hybrid

FWIW my gas motorcycle (Honda Rebel 250) gets 75 mpg. But I'm so interested in EV's I went ahead and build an electric motorcycle.

RonyG
RonyG's picture

Yes, I have seen and ridden an MP3, a very interesting ride indeed. Is that a hybrid MP3 in the YouTube video?

reikiman
reikiman's picture

Is that a hybrid MP3 in the YouTube video?

No.. I just included that video as an example what the HyS will probably look like.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage