ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
X-Treme dealer plugs "V" on talk show!

"V is for Voltage dot org"!

From "Just Gotta Scoot": http://tinyurl.com/6bxhqm

Length: 35 minutes, 25 seconds

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture
Re: X-Treme dealer plugs "V" on talk show!

If anyone listens to this and wants to offer constructive criticism please let me know.

Ummm, I'm, errrr, not very good at this interview, um, errr thing...

;-)

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

gushar

Couldn't listen to all of it but what I did listen to was great. You did fine my friend...and this comes from someone who has a degree in CMN (Broadcasting) and spent several years in both radio and television.

Coincidentally, yesterday evening on our local PBS station there was a program about "electric cars." It is a locally produced magazine type program and boy was I surprised when I flipped to the channel and discovered this topic was about to be discussed. The guests were an executive from our regional power company, one guy that works for the power company and has converted a Toyota to electric, and a guy who owns a Corbin Sparrow! Wow, and I didn't think anyone else in my area was as interested! I tried to call in to make a couple of comments...but couldn't get through. The moderator was totally uninformed and while the guests educated him somewhat...there was still some misinformation. I think that was probably due to the "nervousness" of two of the guests on the program. The power company executive did well in presenting info but the other two guys just seemed to be a bit uneasy and couldn't really put forth their info and points very well. But, here's the most surprising comment....a caller to the show said he had heard that an electric car company was looking to locate in our area. The power company executive confirmed that in fact there is an electric car company looking at our area of Florida as a location for their business. He seemed to imply that they were a "manufacturer." Boy that's got me all excited and I'm thinking I'll contact that guy and see if he can share more info.

Gushar

Gus

reikiman
reikiman's picture

um, er..you..uh..did good..as an, errrr, beginning podcaster, uh, I'm learning (quickly) about how sneaky those "uh's" are. It's easy to edit those out on audio.. but I have a video I shot, and it really needs to be video, but ...uh..ah... oh, shoot, it's making me so self conscious watching myself on video and trying to edit... it's been two weeks with several takes and still haven't been able to post it. uh...

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture

David,

I do the video stuff for a living. One of the best tricks is to use 3 different camera angles and let the speaker say the sentences over and over to different angles, then take the best of the 3 angles and merge them together into 1 video without er um.. that other stuff.

Chas S.

gushar

Yeah but that was probably a live program and this was the taped program. Obviously no chance to edit out, etc. If you've never been on a "live" television or even a radio program it can be a bit unnerving. I don't have a problem because I spent several years working in production, etc. But for those not in the field or not used to being on such a program...it's not that easy.... So give ole John a break here. I think he did fine!

I forgot to mention above that the guy in my area with the Corbin Sparrow has put lithium batteries in it. He said his top speed is 70mph and I forget what range he stated but it was several times the range with lead acid. And the guy that did the Toyota conversion is running "flooded" lead acid...20 of them so I'm thinking they must be 6 volt batts. He said they were "golf cart" batteries.

Gushar

Gus

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage