Bush rejects regulating greenhouse gases

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
Bush rejects regulating greenhouse gases

I don't even know what to say about this. How can someone be SO STUPID?

The Bush administration, dismissing the recommendations of its top experts, rejected regulating the greenhouse gases blamed for global warming Friday, saying it would cripple the U.S. economy.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080712/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_global_warming

The White House's top experts. Their experts. Not an expert from France or Germany. Not some tree hugger in Oregon. The experts that work for the White House.

I have an idea on helping the economy - if you're not going to listen to the people you hired... get rid of them! Save the taxpayer's money! Dear Taxpayer, if the person you hired is not going to listen to you... get rid of him!

Oh, and about crippling the economy; what do you think this BS war in the ME, along with the Oil-Mafia, is doing to it? Oh yes, it's protecting us. At what time are we suppose to start feeling safer?

Zarkin Frood!
//purefoolishness.com/media/pictures/b/bushretard1.jpg)
Don't vote for stupid.

vinnie
Re: Bush rejects regulating greenhouse gases

Not only do I concur...I also tip my hat to your passion. We need more passion and less passivism in this country.

I salute you, sir!

Vinnie
Broomfield, CO

deronmoped

Talk about a messed up economy, Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac are in a huge mess. I blame the housing mess on people buying houses they can not afford, taking huge loans out on them and then walking.

Everyone blames Bush because the president is the media's favorite easy target. Do not forget about Congress, their approval rating is like nine percent. As a whole they have more power then the president, they can pass GW law, they approved the War... I do not see them jumping in to fix the problems, just the opposite, I see them causing the problems.

Deron.

dogman
dogman's picture

Gosh! It sure would be bad if the economy got messed up. Better not do that! LOL.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Talk about a messed up economy, Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac are in a huge mess. I blame the housing mess on people buying houses they can not afford, taking huge loans out on them and then walking.

I agree. However, there is supposed to be oversight and there were a lot of smart people who got very rich by issuing sub-prime mortgages. Many of them knew it was bad business but also knew that their exorbitant bonuses were reliant on persuading the consumer to take on more debt.

Ultimately it's the individual's responsibility (caveat emptor) - however, with education getting less and less funding do you think the problem is going to get better or worse?

Everyone blames Bush because the president is the media's favorite easy target.

True, it's just a shame he's such an easy target. He is an idiot which reflects badly on us because we not only let him get into power but we let him stay there (I didn't vote for him but it's still "we" who share responsibility).

Do not forget about Congress, their approval rating is like nine percent. As a whole they have more power then the president, they can pass GW law, they approved the War... I do not see them jumping in to fix the problems, just the opposite, I see them causing the problems.

True - and who controlled the House, Senate and Administration for six out of the last eight years? A bunch of rubber-stamping Republicans who were happy to bypass democratic (small d) checks and balances in order to "support the party".

Unfortunately now that we're in an election year we shouldn't expect any common sense at least until January (and then there's only a slim chance after that!)

Oh well. Even though "we" suck at least "we" live in a developed country with all the implicit benefits of that.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage