I need insurance, where do I go?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Craftkiller
I need insurance, where do I go?

I am looking to purchase a XB-600 but I think I might need insurance (not sure, i sent PennDOT a link to the federal definition of an electric bicycle and the pennsylvania definition of a moped and said that it fell under both and PennDOT gave me one of their copied-and-pasted responses saying all vehicles must be licensed registered and insuranced to operated on pennsylvania roads). The problem is the insurance companies I've gone to so far say they only insure bikes that are atleast 50cc (guess 0cc doesnt count eh?) So I was wondering if anyone from the US would know of anyone that does insure XB-600s
btw I'm in Pennsylvania if that matters

nasukaren
nasukaren's picture
Re: I need insurance, where do I go?

Are you sure you can get it registered and plated first?

Then if you can, try Geico or Progressive. Both of those companies will register motorbikes. And you might have to -- for the sake of registration -- count the 'cc's of your bike as the displacement of the engine, controller, or something else that is about 50 cc in size.

Karen

Working on a Piaggio Boxer (mo-ped) EV conversion: http://gpsy.com/ev

Craftkiller
Re: I need insurance, where do I go?

haha oh god, I always thought that registering and plating was going to be the EASY part... =(... I guess the responsible thing would be to go to the DMV and try to discuss this with someone face-to-face

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage