Vectrix sales picking up at new price of $8,795

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Morrison
Vectrix sales picking up at new price of $8,795

I went by my local Vectrix dealer to inquire about an issue (not serious) and while I was there I spoke with the general manager. She said that sales are picking up on the Vectrix since they lowered the prices. They originally had 5 Vectrix scooters and had those for about a year. Since July 1st they have sold the final 2 they had in stock, and they have taken deposits on 3 more that they have ordered from Vectrix.

So just to put that in perspective, at the old price of $11,900 they sold 3 in the past year.
At the new price of $8,795 (after recall) they have sold 5 (including deposits for firm orders) in the past 3 weeks.

I am lucky I pulled the trigger and got mine a few weeks ago. Otherwise I'd be waiting another month and losing the great summer weather.

If this same increase in sales activity is happening elsewhere, then we can expect all of the version 1 models from 2007 to sell out quickly.

retrodog
retrodog's picture
Re: Vectrix sales picking up at new price of $8,795

I'm in the Houston TX area. For me, riding season is Oct-May. The winters here are the most beautiful times to ride. That's why I haven't been in a big hurry to make up my mind. But if prices are going to go up, I probably should consider it more (or sooner).

AndY1
AndY1's picture

I think the promotional price is only until July 31st. So if you order one before that, you should get it somewhere in the mid or late August.

Hermes

The current price is the right price.

Increase it again and sales will drop back to oblivion.

Buzby
Buzby's picture

Oblivion? I doubt it. As the fuel price increases, the pricing becomes less of an issue. Other EU countries provide Euro rebates to register a zero emissions vehicle, but not here in the UK - and the tax here of fuel is higher. Sure, I got mine at the discounted price and that was the tipping point that made me buy, but even if they hadn't - I eas only 3-6 months away from buyingf anyway. That said, by the time the top box, stand and delivery were added, there wasn;t much of a difference anyway!

- Raymond

GrooveConnection

AndrewMC,

why do you have to post the same comment on every g%^darn thread ?
It's off base and I don't want to have to read it again and again, so PLEASE quit doing that.

Seriously annoyed by your contribution (and I don't seem to be the only one!)

GC

NickF23

It might be worth noting that its possible to make money by spreading rumours about a listed company. Typically this is by hyping the stock (see stock spam email) but I see no reason why it couldn't work the other way round, taking a short position on the stock then posting negative financial information about the company on the interent.
In the light of this I would view the multiple posts with unsourced financial claims about the health of the company as in the case of poster 'Andrew MC' as a little suspect.

DaveD
DaveD's picture

http://www.projo.com/business/content/bz_vectrix_results10_10-10-08_RQBSQT7_v12.2eb3078.html

"Vectrix, the Middletown company that makes high-end electric scooters, ended its fiscal year with sales of $6.7 million, up from $800,000 in fiscal 2007, the company said in an “update” to its financial results."

AndY1
AndY1's picture

Good to hear :-)

What does AndrewMC have to say about that?

Mik
Mik's picture

http://www.projo.com/business/content/bz_vectrix_results10_10-10-08_RQBSQT7_v12.2eb3078.html

"Vectrix, the Middletown company that makes high-end electric scooters, ended its fiscal year with sales of $6.7 million, up from $800,000 in fiscal 2007, the company said in an “update” to its financial results."

The company has not yet released its income statement for the fiscal year,

“We’re still a growing company and the cost structure is still out ahead of the sales function.”

The total number of scooters sold to customers during the year was 754,

Sales were also helped by a drop in the price of the vehicles, he said. The Vectrix scooter originally sold for $12,000 to $13,000, but can now be purchased for about $8,500, McGuinness said.

The Vectrix scooter originally sold for $12,000 to $13,000, but can now be purchased for about $8,500

He declined to say why Andrew J. MacGowan, the previous CEO and company founder, left the company.

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Mik
Mik's picture

Good to hear :-)

What does AndrewMC have to say about that?

He declined to say why Andrew J. MacGowan, the previous CEO and company founder, left the company.

Coincidence?

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

AndY1
AndY1's picture

Good find Mik!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging