jeep 4 wheel drive front 2 wheel gas rear 2 wheels electric

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
lcalarea47
jeep 4 wheel drive front 2 wheel gas rear 2 wheels electric

hi i know this is really out there ,,,,, but wander if possible 4 wheel jeep disconect rear driveshaft ,, rear axle bolt on direct dc motor like the new ones by warp that have direct drive hookup .a hybred in a sense ,, best of both worlds ?? ,, weight may be problem and cramin batteries in it ,,butttttt .. any positive replys ???thx

spinningmagnets
Re: jeep 4 wheel drive front 2 wheel gas rear 2 wheels electric

With the way that the transfer case works there "might" be some problems, but nothing that couldn't be worked around.

A while back, I was researching turbo's for data on a multi-fuel vehicle, and I came across the Pontiac FireFly.
Its an All-Wheel-Drive Geo Metro from Canada. To cope with the added load of the AWD, they added the turbo.

My interest was that it came from the factory with a front-wheel-drive trans-axle, with an auxiliary shaft to the rear. It is the platform that I would most want to remove the shaft from, and attach a motor to the rear wheels to make a hybrid.

Before the Daimler (Mercedes) merger with Chrysler, they had a test mule of a Durango (SUV) that had a V6 instead of the standard V8, and a motor on the stock front axle. They called it the "through the road" hybrid.

I believe the Jeep Compass uses a sheet-metal pan (instead of a "truck style" ladder frame) and uses a front-wheel-drive trans-axle with an optional 4-cylinder turbo-diesel where you COULD drop the shaft... That would be a SWEEEEET home-made hybrid! (WVO/Bio-diesel)

reikiman
reikiman's picture

It's not a jeep but you might find this interesting ...

http://www.evcl.com/vw/index.html

The project in question involved taking two VW Vanagon's .. after some hacking and chopping and welding Otmar ended up with a very long VW Vanagon. The Vanagon's in question used a pseudo-four-wheel-drive transmission and he split the drive shaft. One half was driven with a gas engine, the other half driven with an electric motor (uh, using the Zilla controller).

lcalarea47

hi thx 4 reply ..i was just wandering on idea of this jeep .alot are making strickly ev conversions ,think a hybred of sort conversion would be ideal .and have stlye ..lonnie

ac dc ev

lcalarea47

thx 4 reply ,,im going to check out the vw ,,ahhhh may be my next project when after i get done working on my present project .. repainted etc etc . .. zillas are perhaps best out there ,but price is steep for me . of course you get what you pay for ,,,,, lonnie ac dc ev

ac dc ev

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage