Lemon Law for scooter/mopeds

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
ajonesca
Lemon Law for scooter/mopeds

Does anyone know if the Lemon Law applies to large scooters? My XM-3000 arrived damaged. I rode it one block before it crapped out on me and now they want me to ship the motor and controller (no easy feat) back to them. And they want ME pay for it! It's been week and they haven't responded to my last post and I'm getting a tad pissed.

Just a *tad*

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
Re: Lemon Law for scooter/mopeds

Iowa has been having electricity-outage problems last week. Give X-Treme another shout. :)

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

andys
andys's picture

I am sorry but not surprised people are already having issues with these scooters. I remember I had to sign something before I ordered one of their toy electric scooters last year that basically said I understood the products had no quality control, and that if anything was broke on arrival or within the first month, they were only responsible for sending me new parts. Didn't you have to click on some "I agree" box as part of the purchasing process?

And stuff was broken and they did send me new parts and I had to spend a lot of time fixing the brand new piece of junk. And it was a piece of junk even after I got it to work. I know the larger scooters are supposed to be a whole lot better than their $300 toy ones, and they should be at the cost they are selling them for. It is too bad they can't charge a few bucks more and package the things better and have someone ride it a few miles and sign off on it before they send them out.

That is the reason why I don't think I could deal with being a test dummy for these companies anymore. Someone really needs to bring to market a sorted out, affordable, reliable, fun to ride E-scoot with good specs, and they will put all of these guys out of business within a few months. But I am not sure it will happen anytime soon, at least the affordable part.

I hope you are able to get it working without too much more trouble..

ajonesca

I'd love to give them a "shout" but tech support does not accept incoming calls. And if I add to my post today, that will put me at the bottom of the list because it's sorted out by date. Any other suggestions?

wolf3510
wolf3510's picture

well thats what happens when everything comes from china...all the bussinesses went there because we want to much an hour, well when you pay a person 1 dollar a day to work dont expect high quality, you get what you pay for. Ive been in the plastics bussiness for 30 years and last 3 years the market has all but dried up, everything went over seas...and the stuff coming back is pure junk...man if we ever made stuff that crappy we'd lose customers left and right...but since they do it so cheap well thats ok we can turn a blind eye...you want a great bike buy a vectrix but you'll pay for it...

mopedbrainy

It doesn't seem to me is because the stuff is made in china.Take for example: Even though my stock charger was within the 90 days guaranty when it got damaged there was no attempt on my part to exercise it or bug tech support-my order was placed and paid for.When the new one read SUITABLE FOR 48v 12Ah BATTERY CHARGE PROCEDURES and my XB-600 uses 20Ah the response was more or less that no matter what ,the new charger was the only one they had for the bike .Since the new charger lacked any printed specs ,my reasonable request to disclose the intended rated output was ignored or dismissed .It would tend to displease any would be loyal customer .We all know that the money is not made in any manufacturing business but in sales and marketing so sooner than later somebody is going to find ways to make a even better product at lower costs.It is a rats' race .The enterprising would be competing against a better less expensive product plus the costumers they have antagonized when they had the opportunity to keep them.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Does anyone know if the Lemon Law applies to large scooters?

As far as I know it would apply to larger scooters - as long as they have a VIN (which these bikes do - but the electric assisted bikes don't). I suspect the definition of "Lemon" is state specific. I believe in Michigan the company gets 3 attempts to make it right before a consumer can invoke the lemon law here. This is just from memory - not from recent research.

My XM-3000 arrived damaged. I rode it one block before it crapped out on me and now they want me to ship the motor and controller (no easy feat) back to them. And they want ME pay for it!

From X-Treme's perspective they're doing everything they expect to need to do. You've described the problem and they're asking for the parts back to test. I tried to make the "all sales are final" clear on the order page at my site - I'm going to update the wording about shipping damage and defective parts to make it clearer that the owner is responsible for labor.

Removing the motor and controller is actually relatively easy - let me know if you want me to send you instructions.

It's been week and they haven't responded to my last post and I'm getting a tad pissed.

This is the most frustrating issue - the delay in speaking with someone. Let me know if you want me to and I will call and see if I can get through to a customer care representative for you (folks, this is one of my customers so I'm not stepping in on someone else's problem - his problem is my problem).

ajonesca - At the end of the day I expect you will need to ship those parts back to them.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage