Headlight problem

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
22theman
Headlight problem

I have a problem with my Zapino. The headlight and dash lights are shorting out. They work, then go out after a few days. I open the headlight and move the wires around inside and then can get the headlight to come back on. Also, the bight lights work just fine the whole time whether the headlight is shorting out or not. Really irritating since I like driving around with the daylights on. Alos, this prevents me from riding at night unless I hold the brights on (which is dangerous). Any ideas??

HalfMooner
Re: Headlight problem

I have a problem with my Zapino. The headlight and dash lights are shorting out. They work, then go out after a few days. I open the headlight and move the wires around inside and then can get the headlight to come back on. Also, the bight lights work just fine the whole time whether the headlight is shorting out or not. Really irritating since I like driving around with the daylights on. Alos, this prevents me from riding at night unless I hold the brights on (which is dangerous). Any ideas??
------------

A couple of thoughts:

This from an electric bike non-expert, but one who used to repair DEC minicomputers. The symptoms you mention seem more likely to indicate an "open" than a "short." A short is much worse, a dangerous situation for the circuitry. With all power off, try doing a continuity test on the wiring harness, starting with the low beam wiring between the switch and the light, and checking that the low beam switch is making good contact.

Actually, the California Motorcycle Handbook (2008) recommends riding bikes with high beams on at all times (day and night), mentioning that this is legal and provides better safety. The only time high beams should not be used, they say, is in foggy conditions.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage