Calling all X-treme XB-600 owners!!!!

39 posts / 0 new
Last post
hyperob
hyperob's picture
Re: Calling all X-treme XB-600 owners!!!!

Hey Guys,

Back from vacation. I haven't had any "popping" sound from the front of the bike with 60Volts running through.

Hey Zero, why would the DC Converter "pop"? You think a short or something?

win32forth
win32forth's picture

One thing no one has mentioned so far is that for some reason, the XB-600 has this annoying popping sound that comes from the front fork,tire, brakes, or front something, when it's moving. I've lifted the bike and checked for the cause BUT no popping sound can be heard. I figure it only happens when there's weight on the bike against the street. I even heard the same popping in zerogas's 72V 35MPH YouTube video. Same popping. Check it out at time index 1:49 thru 1:53 AND 2:05 to 2:08 (much louder).

NEway, my 2 sense.
Phoenix

I notice mine pops when I go over any small but sharp bump. I think the forks klunk when they expand to their limit. With this class vehicle, I suppose we should be glad there is any suspension as all. I don't think the klunk will hurt anything, but I do try not to hit any bumps if I can help it.

Tom

phoenix

The popping sound will sometimes continue for my entire commute and sometimes it won't be there at all. Sometimes it pops for a short time after i hit a bump, others times the bump has no effect and there is no popping. I don't believe the 'popping' is electrical in nature. I think it's mechanical.

My front fairing is also cracked (from the drop shipment but i didn't care enuff to ask x-treme for a new one.)I filed down the cracked surfaces so they don't touch any longer and the popping *still* comes out from somewhere on the front end.

Sometimes when it starts to pop I'll stop, slowly roll the bike backwards while i try to pinpoint the pop. It pops slower and at very regular intervals - while it's rolling. It annoys me and if someone else has this same problem it's prolly annoying them too.

What's in the front wheel brake housing that might do this??

phoenix

phoenix

took the front wheel off. checked the brake shoe springs inside the brake housing. I'm guessing that sometimes those springs are slipping in their hook holes. I'm gonna put a blob of grease where those springs hook to the housing. Maybe that'll fix the popping sound.

phoenix

zerogas
zerogas's picture

By the dc converter "popping", I mean that the popping sound may be the dc converter rattling in it's mount. It's not solidly mounted and it swivels around. My "popping" could also be my relay hitting the fairing, but I've only noticed the sound when braking, so I'm not sure what it is.
-Warren

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

phoenix

Ok, i figured out what was making that annoying popping sound. The bearings in the front tire hub needed lubrication. I took off the front tire and inspected the bearing hubs, there were slivers of metal filings inside the hub. The bearings themselves are just fine and the slivers of metal were the same color as the hub housing and the axle pin.

I took some brake lube (only lube I have for engines, the other lube i have is dedicated to the ladies)and coated the inside of the bearing hub AND the bearings (both bearings), including the axle pin. I seems now the popping has disappeared. We'll see over time ...

Now I have a Ninja Bike! ya! Strike and fade into the shadow.

Phoenix

phoenix

Commuted to work. 10 miles. Not a single pop.

Yay!

phoenix

phoenix

still no popping. The problem is solved.

Pages

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage