GreenEmotor e-cruiser 220 same as Zapino/XM-3000?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
audiophil2
GreenEmotor e-cruiser 220 same as Zapino/XM-3000?

I just picked up a used 2006 e-cruiser 220. It has a 60v battery pack, 2000w motor, and rear drum brake. It looks alot like a Zapino so I was wondering if the parts are interchangable. This scooter has two speed settings. The low speed is set by pressing a small red button on the plastic handlebar housing. Once up to 15mph the high speed setting is made by pressing a different red button on the throttle area similar to the horn button. The speeds are changed via what looks like a car trunk popper located on the swingarm. This actuator is not always able to switch between the "gears" so I was wondering if there was a more powerful unit that could move the speed switching lever.
I can only get this up to 35mph on the speedometer so I was wondering if a zapino 3000w moter would be a direct replacement along with a rear disc brake and a single speed "transmission".
I am in SF Bay area and can take it to Zap World Headquarters, voltagevehicles.com, or GreenEmotor in Santa Clara but I am looking for the cheapest route to get to 40-50mph on batteries. Could I overvolt this safely to 72volts?

reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: GreenEmotor e-cruiser 220 same as Zapino/XM-3000?

What you have is made by GreenEMotor in Santa Clara

Is it gold colored and do you ride it on Central Expwy?

It's known that the EVT4000/168 can be overvolted to 72v but it's really up to the build quality of the motor as to whether this is possible with a specific motor. You'd have to replace a lot of the electronics if you did overvolt because it's probably more voltage than the controller is specified.

audiophil2

It is gold but I don't ride it in San Jose. I am the third owner and the guy I bought it from is in Menlo Park.
So, is this the same as an evt4000/168? The body looks so much like a Zapino but the motor is only 2000w.

reikiman
reikiman's picture

Okay.. I occasionally see someone riding down Central on a gold GreenEMotor scooter.. but hey that's real close to the GreenEMotor office so maybe it's one of them.

Anyway, no this scooter is definitely not the same as the EVT-nnnn bikes. In fact at one of the Stanford EV Rally's where GreenEMotor was showing their wares, I had brought my EVT 4000 and let one of the GreenEMotor people ride the 4000 so he could see what it's like.

awalsh

Not the same as the Zapino.
Zapino has a 3000W.....more powerful - and better components (wiring harness, controller, etc.)

Zapino also has over 100 dealers nation wide.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage