The police and Vectrix

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
DWrath
The police and Vectrix

Police department in Rhode Island is testing out the use of the Vectrix for their department: http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/07/providence-police-testing-vectrix-electric-scooters.php
I heard their only complaint was the lack of a coffee cup holder and dashboard to place donuts :)

RaDy
RaDy's picture
Re: The police and Vectrix

In Barcelona , Spain there was also a police test for a month or so and at the end it didnt turn out. Dont know anything about why or what.
I suppose it was a range issue more than anything else.As you can see in the web site , In the Barcelona dealers there was one in the city(and i went there) but they told me it had closed down because it was only for fleet deals. (They still havent taken the adress out of the web site , and i went there 2 months ago).

Alias

RaDy wrote

I suppose it was a range issue more than anything else

Range issues would be an important issue to police departments regarding how quickly and effectivly they can respond to calls without the EV running out of juice.

Buzby
Buzby's picture

I wouldn;t think range was any more of a consideration than any other - my local forve has two VX1's they are used exclusively to patrol Glasgow Airport (after the recent attempt at setting fire to the terminal building). So far they appear to be working well and the force is happy with them.

- Raymond

RaDy
RaDy's picture

Well i dont know what happened in Barcelona. The thing is that ive heard they are doing a test for the Police in Madrid. I hope that turns out well.I want Vectrix to do well and i hope it starts doing deals with fleets. I think that will give them alot of experience.

AndY1
AndY1's picture

While we're at it, there's a new Youtube video about the police & Vectrix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKEwr3Phpm4

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76