Securing the Vectrix for Hauling

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
moccasin
moccasin's picture
Securing the Vectrix for Hauling

Doing a bit of homework here.... I am set to pick up my new Vectrix 220 miles away on Thursday, and will be hauling her home in the back of my Silverado Pickup. I'm no stranger to hauling bikes, as I occasionally have the need to haul one of our two larger touring bikes from point A to B, but I am concerned about how to SECURE the Vectrix in the truck.

My truck is quite nicely setup to haul a big Harley around, but they have big fat handlebars and crash bars and exposed framework to run tie straps around. Looking at all the photos of the Vectrix bikes, I don't see much of any secure points to tie from. My truck (the green one in the photos) has a set of four I-bolts in the corners of the floor, and no longer has bed rails, so the corners of the floor are all I have to tie to. The bike's plastic covered handlebars and plastic skins everywhere have me wondering how anyone ties these things down, and if I need to make some modifications to my truck before leaving town.

I now have a clamping LAChock at the front of the bed, but it won't hold the bike securely enough for in-flight safety, and may not even securely hold the 13" wheels of the Vectrix.

Any shared thoughts, guidance, and especially photos would be greatly appreciated!

Moccasin Mike

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: Securing the Vectrix for Hauling

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

moccasin
moccasin's picture
Re: Securing the Vectrix for Hauling

Thanks, my friend!! That's what I was hoping to find! :-)

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There is currently 1 user online.

• Juli76

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage