Any X-Treme Owners in Sonoma County whose ride I can look at?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
rossasaurus
rossasaurus's picture
Any X-Treme Owners in Sonoma County whose ride I can look at?

I'm considering an XM-3000 and would like to see the build quality before I send off some hard earned dough. Any model should do.

thanks,
Ross

HalfMooner
Re: Any X-Treme Owners in Sonoma County whose ride I can ... ?

I'm in San Lorenzo, Alameda County. Like some others here, I'll soon be getting an XM-3500Li, out of the first shipment into the USA. I'm willing to show you the bike when it comes, so long as you don't mind driving here to do so. That goes for others in these fora who are in the Bay Area, too.

But I'm not confident that my bike from Mountain Chen is going to tell you much about X-Treme's bikes in general. My impression is that what X-Treme sells is a mix of products from many Chinese manufacturers. One product being good or bad may have little bearing upon the quality of the next. (In fact, X-Treme's reputation for customer support, especially for their "powered skateboard"-type products is such that I would not have ordered an XM-3500Li, were it not that the manufacturer, Mountain Chen, himself frequents these fora. Mr. Chen has a pretty good reputation here, especially as an electrical engineer.)

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

HalfMooner - you're correct that X-Treme sources from many different suppliers. However, the XM-3000 and the XM-3500Li are both produced by Mountain Chen.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

audiophil2
Re: Any X-Treme Owners in Sonoma County whose ride I can look at

I'm in Santa Rosa with an XB-600 and GreenEmotor Ecruiser220 if you want to test these out. I am selling both to get something faster.

rossasaurus
rossasaurus's picture

Oh, that'd be great!
When are you available?
FYI; I'm 235#; don't want to squash your rig!

Ross

rossasaurus
rossasaurus's picture

Thanks for the offer Halfmooner,

I um.....have now ordered a 3500 also!
It's so unlike me to order something sight-unseen; keepin' them fingers crossed.

The site says the charger is Thundersky; should we assume the batteries are also? Anybody know yet?
Mountain Chen?
Seems like the information should be out there, as they left China, what, three weeks ago.

Would like to keep in touch about our scoots.
Give me a ring or email through the site here.

Ross

HalfMooner

I'm retired, rossasaurus, so I can be available nearly anytime. Why don't I get in touch after the XM-3500Li arrives? Otherwise, all I could show you is my non-functioning Expresso 2. ; )

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage