Battery Cooling

2 replies [Last post]
bostonbmw

I am running a 48v 8ah NiCD battery on my ebike I mounted it in a bag that is connected to my rear rack. Any ideas on how to keep the batteries cool they get very warm on a high discharge???

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: Battery Cooling

Partially unzip the bag?

- David Herron, The Long Tail Pipe, davidherron.com, 7gen.com, What is Reiki
- Electrified Electra Townie, 1971 Karmann Ghia (since sold), Kia Soul EV

dogman
dogman's picture
Re: Battery Cooling

Before I melted my hubmotor, I was concerned about toasting my lifepo4 battery riding in the New Mexico desert. I needed to protect the battery anyway so I wrapped a thick aluminum cookie sheet into a box the battery fit very snugly into. This acted like a heat sink, and the aluminum could shed the heat much better. This contraption sits in a metal box, with a lot of ventilation since I cut away the front part of the lid, scooping in air as I ride. Of course great care was taken not to risk a short on the connections.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

style="display:block"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-2401070691062219"
data-ad-slot="2079401426"
data-ad-format="auto">

Carjacked: The Culture of the Automobile and Its Effect on Our Lives
This is what the END of Gasoline looks like - bumper sticker
Build Your Own Electric Bicycle
High Voltage: The Fast Track to Plug In the Auto Industry A behind-the-scenes look at the robustly competitive race to dominate the market for electric cars.
Revenge of the Electric Car The electric car is not only back from the dead, it's inevitable
High Voltage: The Fast Track to Plug In the Auto Industry A behind-the-scenes look at the robustly competitive race to dominate the market for electric cars.

Who's new

• gsuhas
  • jefferyinman
  • bociaz
  • Camile1702
  • FantaisyRat
Customize This