Is it possible to parallel motor power controllers for more amperage?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
robo5050
Is it possible to parallel motor power controllers for more amperage?
AttachmentSize
Image icon 101180.gif39.39 KB
Plain text icon CT302S9info.txt4.54 KB

Hello forum members,

I have a question regarding the paralleling of #CT-302S9(rated 24 volts,30 amps) power controller for a clone electric scooter(not home-built) to help in acceleration/hill climbing ;will wiring 2 of the #CT-302S9 pwr controllers work well on my scooter??

I am thinking it may work since the p.c. is a Hall-Effect type(no resistance reduction),but I am not sure exactly how to wire the 2 p.c. regarding the speedometer control circuit on the p.c.

If anyone has ideas/suggestions regarding parallel wiring power controllers in general ,or any diy power controllers with higher voltage/amperage capacity ,I would appreciate the reply!

I have uploaded a few pictures/diagrams of the power controller in question with specifications,etc.

electromotive
Re: Is it possible to parallel motor power controllers for ...

Power controllers use pulse width modulation (PWM) switching on and off at high speed. In order to parallel controllers you'd have to synchronize them so that both were switching on and off precisely the same (not even slightest difference). I have done this by modifying one controller to be a slave, taking the drive signals from the master across to the slave FET drivers, disconnecting the slave controller. This also requires the grounding of the two controllers to be the same, with negligible wiring inductance, or else you'd need to use optocouplers to remove noise. Sounds like a lot of trouble and you'd need good circuit design knowledge to successful. Un-successful means smoke.

hanahbr

Class 20 will give a nominal 590 second trip (9.83 minutes) at an overload of 125% of full load amps, a 29 second trip at a 500% overload, and a 20 second trip at a 600% overload. Thus, a motor that is stalled and drawing locked rotor amperage will be taken off line in 20 to 29 seconds.
However, a motor that draws a continuous locked rotor current can be expected to burn out before 20 seconds.

toroidal transformer

noleandertg

I have a similar question which I thought might apply well enough here:
How can I control two controllers with one hall effect pedal? Or one, 2 wire pot to control both controllers?
Each controller would control a different motor.

antiscab

I have a similar question which I thought might apply well enough here:
How can I control two controllers with one hall effect pedal? Or one, 2 wire pot to control both controllers?
Each controller would control a different motor.

make the ground wires common between both controllers and the pedal
wire the positive from only one controller to the pedal
wire both controllers to the signal wire of the pedal

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage