Impedance battery pack Vectrix baseline for future testing

4 replies [Last post]
HCT
HCT's picture

Has anyone measured the impedance of the battery pack and individual cell impedance recorded both charge and discharge state figures , preferably after a extended cooling period ( 25C ambient)

Interested in the individual cell readings,not the total pack reading divided by the # of cells , but actual cell readings averaged out .

Taking the sum of all 102 cells and averaging them out , also love to know the inter-cel connections , next interesting figure is the average deviation of both .

Anyone willing to do or allowing me to this,please contact me,I am in CT 06478 Oxford would travel up to 150 miles round trip with my equipment a HP4338B to perform the measurement no charge!, we will both learn a lot and the benefit would be share by all on this site.
I have 2 Oxygen Lepton scooter with 2,000 miles on it,it has a Ni-Zc pack 48 volt 30A/H measured with measured 65 mho total with cells and interconnect,the cells average about 2.15 mho/cell, have some as low as 1.85 mho.

Getting the readings from real actual used battery on a Vectrix would be helpful to all the owners and could serve to establish a baseline for monitoring the batteries aging and deterioration .
Regards
Andre

HEAT & LOSS & INEFFICIENCY RELATED DIRECTLY to IMPEDANCE

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Mik
Mik's picture
Re: Impedance battery pack Vectrix baseline for future testing

What a great offer!

Let me know in case you come to Australia...

I need to plan this a bit because I do not want the Vectux off the road for too long and have lots of other things to do.

But I am very interested!

A question:

How can I determine the correct torque needed to put the cells back together?

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

HCT
HCT's picture

Mik

Unfortunately,I am unable financialy to go to Australia , would love to ! .
It is very high up on my priority list before I leave this physical state .

Pretty sure that Vectrix will give you ( if not you someone else ) the torque requirement .
If not,believe that it can be determine , ask anyone who is involved in torque stud or nuts,
they should be able to tell the exiting figure that was used on the battery pack.
With a little time and searching should be able to arrive within 2-5 % of the requirement .

As far as Australia goes , can assure you if I hit the lotto . there will not much delay before we meet face to face .
Forty years as newlywed tried unsuccefuly to immigrate to your heavenly land at that time your government would
have subsidize us with work residence (being in electronic) , could not convince my wife to leave her family
and very scare to leave the USA , We spilt 25 years ago,have not financially recovered yet, but I am still young !(64)
2 years ago was blessed,married a Chiness lady,her country and yours are top on our agenda , just need the finance

Regards
Andre

Mik
Mik's picture

I guess it's time for me to buy a new multimeter, then...

What kind of DMM do I need to check the battery and anything that will need answering later on in the Vectux saga?

Regarding torque:

I assume that I can use my torque wrench to undo the nuts; the torque needed to undo them would probably be a little higher than the torque used to tighten them originally.

Mr. Mik

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

HCT
HCT's picture

Mik

A DMM will only read voltage of the battery and cell , will not allow you to read impedance .

For impedance measurement recommend HP4338B as a standard that I use . however the older model HP4328A wich is a analog give as reliable measurement and cost 90% less, several hundred dollars versus over $5,000.00
The HP4328A is the meter used and mentioned by most batteries manufacturer ,check their specification sheet .

There are several chiness made impedance meter , bought 2 of them awhile ago, for less than $150 each + freight , they are worthless junk !.
Was going to resell on e-bay , but value my 100% feedback to much , to risk it .
Maybe someone on this site would care to take them off my hand . 2 for $300.00 , there is no instruction no guarantee just that they are called impedance meter by the maker .Be glad to send the e-bay listed add that the purchase was made .
Regards
Andre

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Who Killed the Electric Car? Essential documentary explaining what happened the last time electric cars were killed
V3 Cycle Analyst for Electric Bikes Ebike Display The Cycle Analyst V3 dashboard with speedometer sensor and magnet is a great addition to any Ebike
How to Live Well Without Owning a Car Save Money, Breathe Easier, and Get More Mileage Out of Life
Customize This