New guy ??? on a hub motor from ev teck/ texaselectricbikes

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
toy21extreme
New guy ??? on a hub motor from ev teck/ texaselectricbikes

Here is the link

http://www.texaselectricbikes.com

I bought this motor but had explained to the guy over the phone I wanted to go 35mph or so and he said with some overvolting it would be no problem. It seems now though he is warning about the controler not being able to handle it and the motor is brushless and has these hall effects sensors and stuff I have no idea what that stuff is. He also says they have a controller that is overkill but cost to much and isnt praticall for my application. Does any body know about this company and the motor that is provided by this company any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Jason

andys
andys's picture
Re: New guy ??? on a hub motor from ev teck/ texaselectricbikes

Doug is a reputable dealer and is very knowledgeable on EV's of all types. I own two of his hub motors. We are still waiting for an affordable 72 volt controller that will work with that motor from a company called E-crazyman. I think he will have some very soon. The stock controller that comes with the kit will not handle overvolting.

I run one of my motors at 48 volts with a Crystalyte controller. With 26 inch wheel, that combo will do about 27 MPH. I have done some tests where I bumped the voltage up to 60 volts, and haven't blown anything up. Yet. With 26 inch wheels, that should go well over 30 MPH at 60 volts.

When you get into bumping up the power on these motors to twice what they normally run with, you have to understand you are now doing a custom build. Stuff not designed exactly to go together sometimes needs fooling around with to get it to work right, and may or not end up being reliable.

dogman
dogman's picture

Almost all the motors out there can do 35 mph, but that doesn't mean they sell or warranty the stuff you will need to do it. Ebikes Ca might be your best source for an eventual solution. WE brushless hubs also do 48v no problems, but it won't get you to 35 mph. I suspect you will need 72 volts or so to get there. One easy solution may be a gas scooter and sell the ebike.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

fcherny

I live about 2 or 3 miles from his office. I dropped by one day to meet him.

Although I, too, am just a noob, he seems very honest and reputable. He does, however, like to talk. A lot.

I suggest you call him and talk over anything you don't understand. For me, that takes some effort because it involves interrupting him and taking control of the conversation.

At any rate, in my opinion, you can trust him.

Fred.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage