Schumacher Multi Battery Charger — 10 Amp, 72 Volt

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
22theman
Schumacher Multi Battery Charger — 10 Amp, 72 Volt

Will this battery charger work with the Zapino? It seems like it should charge it faster since it is 10amp but I wanted to ask the group here. Could it damage the batteries in the Zapino?

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_340592_340592

22theman
Re: Schumacher Multi Battery Charger — 10 Amp, 72 Volt

Will this charger work? I am thinking about buying it and I wanted to see what the forum thought of using it to charge the zapino. Please let me know

mopedbrainy

Sure it would be appropriate for deep cycle sla batteries. My humble belief is that the higher the amperage the sooner and easier the batts would cook up. Ok they would get charged faster but for some strong reason trickle charging is used.

sgmdudley

The charger you are asking about will charge up to six 12V batteries, using a separate pair of cables for each battery. That is one way to do it, but if the charger fails in any way, you will be out a charger for the rest
of the batteries. Additionally, getting access to the 5 batteries is a bear.

The preferred way to do this is to add wires to each battery going to a easy to reach connector and then have
five 12V chargers that are wired up to a matching connector. Then you just plug in and turn on. My setup uses
five 2/4/6 amp chargers. I normally charge at 4amps. I have them powered thru a timer for automatic shutoff.

See the forums under Batteries and Chargers. I wired mine per the simplified wiring setup. 5 chargers were about
$160 delivered.
Bank_Charger.jpg
Bank_chgr.jpg
wiring.jpg

Robert Dudley
E-Scoot Tech

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002