Anyone have input on this motor?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
kaimana
Anyone have input on this motor?

http://www.ekartusa.com/inc/sdetail/367

What controller would best best to get the most out of the motor?

Tireiron55
Tireiron55's picture
Re: Anyone have input on this motor?

A yk42-4 controller is awesome for 48v on that motor. Also, I have a stock Stealth 1000 controller I'll sell you for $20 if you want something a little less amps and more gentle. The yk42 has pretty fast throttle response. That looks just like a Stealth 1000 motor. There are a lot of people that would love to have that motor with that freewheel on it.

I bent my wheel, broke my trans, and blew my motor. Now I cry a lot.

martin_henry

The site selling that motor says it "uses Rare Earth Magnets and is much more efficient than standard Scooter Motors." Theoretically, does that mean there would be an increase in acceleration or top speed assuming stock 36V supply & one of these yk42-4 controllers?
Also, does anyone have a source on this kind of controller (a quick google search didn't turn up much but a description)?

Tireiron55
Tireiron55's picture

ebay, search yk42

I bent my wheel, broke my trans, and blew my motor. Now I cry a lot.

e-doggies
e-doggies's picture

Other 36V 1000W motors available:

http://www.monsterscooterparts.com/36vo10mo.html $109.99

http://www.cloudelectric.com/inc/sdetail/214 $139.95

These are probably pretty good motors. I have not had an ounce of problems with my Stealth and I don't recall reading that anyone else has had motor problems. The gearbox is the weak link in that machine.

Tncscooters has a pretty good selection of controllers in 24V, 36V, and 48V, including the yk42.

martin_henry

Does anyone know from experience that the yk42-3 works as a drop-in replacement? It lists the usable motor as "up to 800W"; would that cause a problem with a stealth?

andys
andys's picture

The Stealth 1000 is NOT a true 1000 watt scooter,(maybe 1000 watt peak) so you should not have any trouble running any of those 36V TNC controllers. Ask Chris at TNC about this. That is about a 600 watt motor (36V X 25 amps less 25%-30% efficiency loss). I hate it when manufacturers fudge numbers to make their product seem more than they are. Reminds me of the exaggerated power output numbers they give to cheap car stereo amplifiers.

You will have to fool with the wiring to hook things up though, and that means jacks will not sync up and wire colors and number of wires in the jack will be different (throttle especially).

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage