2009 model

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
pkn4645
2009 model

I keep seeing news articles that reference an upcoming 2009 model to be released this fall. Does anyone have any details on features and improvements? How is it different than the 2007? I wonder if there will be a software upgrade for the 2007's?

RuFuS
RuFuS's picture
Re: 2009 model

Seems that will be a cheaper model with a new battery ni-mh generation with more 10miles range...let's wait and see!

the rumour is here:
http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/08/12/vectrix-sales-get-their-scoot-on-more-affordable-model-coming-n/

retrodog
retrodog's picture

If they start selling one for $5,000 with full (or extended) range... I'll order it as soon as it's officially announced. That's a price that I can get behind.

moccasin
moccasin's picture

If they start selling one for $5,000 with full (or extended) range... I'll order it as soon as it's officially announced. That's a price that I can get behind.

While you're dreaming of your perfect world, the rest of us are making ours better. :-)

xring

Seems that will be a cheaper model with a new battery ni-mh generation with more 10miles range...let's wait and see!

the rumour is here:
http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/08/12/vectrix-sales-get-their-scoot-on-more-affordable-model-coming-n/

Is the photo in that article supposed to be the 2009 model?
//www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autobloggreen.com/media/2008/08/vectrix-red.jpg)

retrodog
retrodog's picture

While you're dreaming of your perfect world, the rest of us are making ours better. :-)

There's no reason to be rude. You have no idea who you are talking to or what I'm doing for this planet.

moccasin
moccasin's picture

There's no reason to be rude. You have no idea who you are talking to or what I'm doing for this planet.

Nor do you, my friend. If I were being rude, there would be no smilies at the end of my statement. No offense intended, and I apologize for being misinterpreted.

Buzby
Buzby's picture

Nope - that pic is of the VX1, the bike they're talking about is the VX2 a much less sleeker machine - and you can see a picture of it on the Vectrix website, along with the W3, the three wheeler concept bike based on the Piaggio MP3.

- Raymond

retrodog
retrodog's picture

Nope - that pic is of the VX1, the bike they're talking about is the VX2 a much less sleeker machine - and you can see a picture of it on the Vectrix website, along with the W3, the three wheeler concept bike based on the Piaggio MP3.

Where is it at? I was looking around on their site and can't seem to find it.

Vectrix-NH

Vectrix and Piaggio own a joint pattant on the 3 wheeler .

Happy riding Herb

Buzby
Buzby's picture

It was in one of the company reports - check out the link below. I also see from the 2008 report that they've built over 120 of the W3 3-Wheeler unit....

http://investors.vectrix.com/vectrix/documents/arandacc07.pdf

- Raymond

retrodog
retrodog's picture

Nor do you, my friend. If I were being rude, there would be no smilies at the end of my statement. No offense intended, and I apologize for being misinterpreted.

That quote stuff sure got messed up. I hate it when that happens.

Yeah, there are only really two reasons why I haven't bought a Vectrix yet:

1. I have a motorcycle that I'm considering converting. It's a Kawasaki GPZ1100 and I'm not really riding it any more. It needs some carb work done and I'm thinking about just pulling all that gas stuff off of it and making an electric out of it.

2. I spent about $23k on defense in 08. This reflects the redirecting of both Housing and Transportation budgets. All that left in my transportation budget for the fiscal year was about $1,500 for a GoPed ESR750H (Electric Hoverboard), which I ride around all over the place.

So, it's not so much an issue of whether an electric motorcycle/scooter is going to happen... but more of a matter of figuring out which one is going to happen. And since the defense spending it out of the way, it's currently slated for FY09, which starts in October.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage