Removing XB-600 Controller.... evil screw of evilness

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Craftkiller
Removing XB-600 Controller.... evil screw of evilness

Hey, I'm in the process of trying to do the shunt mod on my XB-600 however the controller box is attached by 2 plastic wraps and a screw... the problem is the screw is in a terrible position to get it out (I cant fit anything down there) I was wondering how you veterans got it out

Craftkiller
Re: Removing XB-600 Controller.... evil screw of evilness

nm, figured it out

depetro

Did figuring it out involve pulling of that front plastic piece? Because that's what it involved for me.

As a favor, could someone write down or take a picture of the mosfets on the controller? I want to find a data sheet and confirm that they do need replaced for 72V. I don't have a spare controller and don't want to tear down my entire bike to read those numbers.

mopedbrainy

The controller could be attached to an aluminum plate ,which would keep it cooler and allow more choices to be secured to frame.

win32forth
win32forth's picture

Craftkiller,

Hey, I'm in the process of trying to do the shunt mod on my XB-600 however the controller box is attached by 2 plastic wraps and a screw... the problem is the screw is in a terrible position to get it out (I cant fit anything down there) I was wondering how you veterans got it out
------------

I removed the plastic housing in front of the controller, after removing the seat and bucket. This gave access to the screws. Be sure not to tighten up the screws that you remove in the process too much, during reassembly, or they will just strip the threads. Access is so bad there that I ended up mounting my modified controller off to the left side of the frame. Still inside the plastic covering, just between that and the seat bucket. I attached the controller to the bike with ty-wraps, which are plenty good enough to hold it, and it should even help reduce water exposure compared to the original location since it is higher up and off to the side.

Good luck, take your time with the controller mod,

Tom

Craftkiller

well thank you, it did involve removing that plastic in the front and hopefully we'll remount it better =)

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage