PL-350 trouble with battery (short?)

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Zed
PL-350 trouble with battery (short?)

Just curious if anyone else has run into this. After a few weeks of great riding, as I was going down a pretty steep hill (using the hand brake), the unit just turned off. This had happened twice before, but simply disconnecting and reconnecting the power cable from the controller to the battery solved the problem. This time, no dice. I performed the battery test which indicated the battery was bad. I shipped the battery to Electric Cyclery and they reported a bad fuse. When I plugged in the fully charged battery with the fuse replaced and pressed the controller, it came on for a few seconds and then crapped out again.

I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction - I'm hoping to avoid a long drive up to Laguna Beach.

Thanks!

dak664
Re: PL-350 trouble with battery (short?)

Yesterday mine stopped working with the display frozen showing some assist. Have had it for 6 weeks and this is the first time that happened. Worked again after releasing and replacing the battery. Hope that's not an indication of future problems.

bionx_44

I had a similar problem with my PL-500. About 10 days after my 1 year battery warranty expired. I was starting to acsend a steep hill when my whole system went dead. I took the bike to my dealer. Thankfully only an hour away. They replaced a fuse in the battery. I thought all would be well. I took the bike home. A couple of days later I tried the same hill. One quater of the way up the system went dead again. I took the bike back to my dealer. They kept it for a couple of days, diagnosing the problem. They told me the problem originated in the motor. (manufactures defect of some kind) I assumed this fried my battery and motor. The dealer sent the motor and battery to bionx. Bionx sent back a new motor and refurbished the (36v lion) battery. I was gratefull that bionx fixed the battery even though it was not under warrenty. Hope this is helpfull.

normic

I am having a battery problem with my PL-350. Have been riding it about a month and noticing that I am only getting a 3/4 charge according to the computer readout but the charger seems to think it has a full charge. I read somewhere on this forum that there was some sort of reset either to the battery or the computer which solves this problem but I can't seem to locate it. If what I have read about regenerative braking is correct;
I may have brought this problem on myself as my daily commute starts with a long hill and of course I have been using g# 3&4 all the way down to slow myself as I had no idea it could damage a fully charged battery. Is there a way back from this 3/4 charge or am I stuck with it until I replace the battery?

thanks in advance

michael

sandorszabo

The posting you're looking for is the 5th comment on this thread:

Reset Instructions

normic

Thanks so much!!

I did what the thread indicated and it worked like a charm. It is great to have this kind of support and info.

many thanks again

michael

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage