Drop in power output?

No replies
helix

Hi everyone,

I'm new around here, and new to both EVs and scootering in general. I have a question about the speed of my scooter.

It's a Velocity from e-cycle in Vancouver. The Velocity is a 500w "power assisted bicycle" from QSChina, with a High Torque, Low Noise Pancake BLDC motor. A quick overview can be seen at http://www.e-cycle.ca .

I have dug around through the forums, but my question is pretty low-tech, and I just need clarification.

My wife and a friend all bought the same models as my own, all three on the same day. Both of theirs are slightly faster than mine, and mine seems to have dropped a couple of km over the past week, from a solid 32 km/h to 29 or 30 km/h.

What might be the cause of the drop in speed? I was under the impression that as the battery becomes weaker, it would be the range that suffers; not the speed. Is this a result of a drop in power output?

Can the controller be "tuned" to regain this speed? Is this something I should direct to the reseller?

Thank you for reading,

Build Your Own Electric Vehicle You need this book if you want to build your own EV
Who Killed the Electric Car? Essential documentary explaining what happened the last time electric cars were killed

Who's new

• hibba
  • VectrixLeaf
  • baukienvn
  • palhymes
  • Major Dendrocopos
Customize This