Would you spend $$$

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture
Would you spend $$$

Would you be willing to spend you own money in order to promote electric vehicles?

SpaceAds.jpg

What would you put in an advertisement? What medium would you convey your message through - bumper sticker, posters, radio, SSTV?

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture
Re: Would you spend $$$

I have had a few people ask me about my bike, and I put more money into that than I'd care to know. Does that count?

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

reikiman
reikiman's picture

Would you be willing to spend you own money in order to promote electric vehicles?

Uh, I think I am already spending my own money to promote electric vehicles. Thank you for asking ;-)

Alias

I wouldn't mind posting EV advertisements on freeway bill boards.
You notice brand new car advertisements on freeways roads etc, what about EV ads?
It would be expensive but???

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

Do others think owning an eV and just driving around showing it off would be the best? Not everyone knows things can be electric powered.

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

queensland
queensland's picture

I've spend a little bit on decals for my bike that state it is ELECTRIC. I designed and bought them from SpeedySigns.com. Does that count? I suppose a group could decide to design and promote something similar for the forum or offer variations on a design for various models we all talk about.

"Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

deronmoped

You know I constantly see a big disconnect in what people say they want and what they actually do. I run into this on my mopeds out yard sailing, especially when I tell them I get upwards of a 150 MPG. I would say 25% of the people I run into express a interest in a moped or some sort of economical transportation. But I do not see any other mopeds on the streets, not that many scooters or motorcycles and only a hand full of people riding bicycles. What I'm getting at is I think advertising may not be the only thing that needs to be done to get more EV's on the road.

One big stumbling block is the government, can you imagine how popular a EV would be if there were no restrictions, taxes, fees, registration, parking meter fees... You would think the government would be promoting EV's by getting out of the way. Maybe provide up front parking for EV's, charging stations...

The one thing I can not figure out is, people seem to want to get around without spending so much on gas, but what is stopping them? Is it price, availability, not cool enough, do not know there is anything out there besides ICE's...

I got a idea, someone approach Starbucks and tell them they need to provide fast charge stations for EV's. They do it for WIFI, and I know they are into the green thingy thing.

Deron.

Who's online

There is currently 1 user online.

• Juli76

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage