Throttle at Startup

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
scowarn
Throttle at Startup

When riding today, I noticed that when I returned the throttle to its neutral position, it would give me a slight regeneration. I realized that I must have had the throttle slightly turned at startup.
I recall reading on one of the threads that the Vectrix reads the position of the throttle at startup as neutral. The simple fix was to restart it. If I hadn't read it here I wouldn't have known the cause.
Thanks to all who contribute.
Scott

AndY1
AndY1's picture
Re: Throttle at Startup

At boot-up initialization the software determines the zero position of the throttle. If the throttle bar is not fully released at that time, that the software sets the zero position other than the fully released throttle bar position and thinks that that position is zero, which in fact, is not.

The correct procedure at boot-up is to just turn the key without moving any of the controls.

Mik
Mik's picture

At boot-up initialization the software determines the zero position of the throttle. If the throttle bar is not fully released at that time, that the software sets the zero position other than the fully released throttle bar position and thinks that that position is zero, which in fact, is not.

The correct procedure at boot-up is to just turn the key without moving any of the controls.

I decided to double check this because I never spontaneously experienced this problem.

I turned out to be quite difficult to make it happen, but twice it "worked".

It appears that a very small amount of throttle pulling at the right time during boot-up is needed to cause the effect.
A stronger pull on the throttle during boot-up does not make it worse, rather the problem completely disappears then.

Probably an error correction feature that is not sensitive enough to detect a very small pull on the throttle, but is able to detect and correct a stronger operator error input.

Just keep your hands to yourself, and Vectrix Corp, add it to the manual, please!

Mr. Mik

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Wotnopetrol

Just keep your hands to yourself, and Vectrix Corp, add it to the manual, please!

Mr. Mik

This forum's great. I'm getting mine tomorrow and I am benefitting from all these hints and tips beforehand. Thank you all.

Simon.

Simon

AndY1
AndY1's picture

I'm very happy for you. Unfortunately, my dealer isn't keeping his end of the deal so far and I'm still not getting the bike.

Wotnopetrol

I'm very happy for you. Unfortunately, my dealer isn't keeping his end of the deal so far and I'm still not getting the bike.

That's really awful, I hope you get things sorted very soon.

Simon

eyeinthesky
eyeinthesky's picture

And when you get the scooter, You'd better hope it doesnt break as you will be waiting months to get it fixed

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage