No switch on a brushed controller; lost again

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
alnvilma
No switch on a brushed controller; lost again

My new 36V-40amp Shenzhen-Sucteam (!) brushed controller has no power coming out. Got to be something simple but there is no switch on this one and all the info on endless-sphere is about brushless controllers.
I'm sure some out there have seen my failed attempts to get my kit going. Each (simple!) brushed controller has had major quirks from running full speed with the switch off to dead in the water.
I thought this would be the answer. I have a confirmed 40+ volts to the box and the motor runs fast with a direct hook up to the battery....It's as if it needs to have its own power source (like a brushless controller with the extra orange wire) but there isn't any. I sent an email to the vendor since there are no instructions either:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=300233415146
HELP

icecube57
Re: No switch on a brushed controller; lost again

I think i have the same controller. I modded mine and desoldered unecessary connections and realized there is a power lock connector. I had to guess and check with a volt meter ofcourse and short the wires out before the controller came on. After that i soldered the short permenantly inside the controller box to where its always on. inIyour case try taking a paper clip and shorting the power lock connector and it should come on.
Here is my post on ES forum.
i picked up the ecrazyman controller from the post office and removed the caps and fets ... that went smooth. The installation of the new fets went smooth. I desoldered/removed several connectors. The one for the brake... the brake light.... the voltage meter... and the power lock. I left the battery... motor and throttle wires intact. I plug everything up i get the spark... that shows the caps are working properly but other wise its a dead controller. Some reason i think the power lock wires were supposed to be shorted/connected??? maybe to turn the controller on. The watts up meter says the controller isnt drawing any current what so ever which leads me to believer the power lock may need to be shorted but i have no clue which wires went where when i desoldered them. anyone care to advise.

Pictures inside of the controller. And a follow up after I fixed the problem.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4025&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=60v+build&start=120#p76858

alnvilma

Hey icecube,
Right on! Bingo! I'm on the road after 3 months of trying. You were the missing piece of the puzzle. Thanks for the response. It made my day. My Townie pulls +/- 20 amps @ about 23-24 mph. Now I just need to wire the CA correctly and...I'll be dreaming of my third electric!

dogman
dogman's picture

Yay! About time somthing went right for you on this one.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

icecube57

My name is Chris... but i prefer to be called the BRUSHED MASTER! LOL!! Me and Dogman got this sector of brushed Wilderness kits under control. Glad i could help. I felt pretty stupid when recieved that same controller and removed most of the connectors and didnt know where to solder them back on. Glad my misfortune could help someone.Kudos to you now its time to put it in a 16 inch rim and over volt it to 84 volts and 35 amps... J/K but in a wet dream anything is possible

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage