Another successful 60 volt upgrade!

1 post / 0 new
laurierocs
laurierocs's picture
Another successful 60 volt upgrade!

Thanks to everyone that has posted instructions on the 60 volt upgrade. We(my husband) did the shunt a couple of weeks ago and the battery upgrade tonight.

He mostly followed the same methods described in the post, but instead of splicing into the black wire, he unhooked the red wire between the 30amp fuse and the controller, then cut the 2 red wires going into the fuse (the positive lead coming from the battery pack and the smaller one from the charger plug). He added new plug connectors to those wires and ran short extensions up into the seat, connecting the positive wire from the battery pack to the negative post of the new battery, then brought up the fuse housing into the seat connecting the extension from the charger port to the smaller wire on the fuse holder. Finally, he ran new wires from the positive terminal of the new battery to the input of the fuse holder and from the output of the fuse holder back down to the original connector on the red wire going into the controller.

This way, the fuse is easy to get to if I need to replace it (he took out the one that came with it and replaced it with a new one), and if we want to change it back to 48 volt sometime, he can just unplug the battery and short extensions and re-plug in the original wires and either move the fuse back down where it was, or leave it in the seat.

I agree with other posters, emergency braking is definitely non-existant. Another note is my husband drove behind me and when I thought I was going 30mph, he clocked me at 25mph. I felt like I was going 50mph! At any rate, it was plenty fast for me and I doubt I'll go that fast since I mostly ride on side streets, away from traffic. The extra speed is definitely nicer on the hills.

Laurie(rocs)

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage