Anyone have experiance with Hi-Power LiFePo batteries?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Curious425
Anyone have experiance with Hi-Power LiFePo batteries?

I've looked at several e-bay batteries, and although Ping has a good reputation on the forums, they're made from smalled 4900mah prismatic cells run in parallel to get 10-20ah. I found one other e-bay seller that has high capacity(20, 40, 100, and even 200ah) cells that look like an M16 clip like cells(look like ThunderSky cells).

Has anyone used these cells/backs before?
E-bay sellser
Manufacturer

Thanks,

Brian.

dogman
dogman's picture
Re: Anyone have experiance with Hi-Power LiFePo batteries?

I can't say for sure about these, but many of the cells like that have ping like pouches inside the case. In the smaller sises, they may be very similar to the ping cells. The specs don't indicate to me that they outperform a duct tape pack for discharge, but the cell case sure outperforms duct tape. Look at the seller feedback though, I thought it was a person with battery expertise selling at first. Somebody has to be a guinea pig on this one, the cells do look nice. Very good price for this type of package compared to last spring. Searching the web for hits on Hi-power or Dy-power, I pretty much come up with just the ebay listings. Kinda odd for a big manufacturer, but not unheard of, since what they make could go by several brands.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

Curious425
Re: Anyone have experiance with Hi-Power LiFePo batteries?

Searching VisForVoltage for Hi-power and Shandong, I find this hit. It talks about the GPR-s electric motor cycle, and that it "might" be using these LiFePo cells.

Other than that I come up empty on yahoogle too.
Is anyone here on talking terms with the guys at electric motorsports, that they would give a review of them if they are using the same batteries?

Brian.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage