XB700Li versus Veloteq Cavalier

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
ttunes
XB700Li versus Veloteq Cavalier

Well this process of picking an e-bike is now down to two choices. The XB700Li versus the Veloteq Cavalier.
Both are very appealing and both have pro's and cons against one another.

So I'm looking for real world experience to help differentiate the two. Both of these are site unseen to me. I can not locate an owner relatively close for a test ride or to "look under the hood".
Marketing material is stronger for the Veloteq. But pricing is fairly disparate between the two models.

I am not really looking for a "tinker" machine. I can tinker if need be but tinkering is not what I really want to do on a routine basis.

Any real world feedback on the Veloteq? I see lots of feedback on the 700Li.
Does the 700Li need as much tinkering as it seems or is this something people are doing becasue they want to?

Thanks.
Thom

reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: XB700Li versus Veloteq Cavalier
ttunes

Thanks. I saw those links and have read them.
I am scouring for real world experiences to try and get away from the marketing hype.
Thom

ttunes

Ok I made the plunge.
Ordered the Black/Silver 700Li this morning. Gads I feel like a weight has been lifted.

Noww it's time to seriously peruse the bike computer mods and etc to put finishing touches on when it arrives.

Thank you to everyone to has hleped in this process. I look forward to being more than a lurker to this group.

Thom

ttunes
XB700Li scheduled for delivery

Ordered the 700Li on Tuesday. Thanks to this group and ArticFox.
Recevied the call for delivery schedule -- it arrives tomorrow afternoon. Just in time for the weekend! Yeehaw!
Bad news was that becasue it needed a lift gate it arrives tomorrow -- otherwise it would be here this afternoon. Dang the bad luck. But still all is all it is arriving faster that what I expected. Another Yeehaw!

I bought a $10 Schwinn computer for the odometer and actual mph. I plan on installing at the time I actually do the assembly for the bike.
I think I will follow the example that richarddb suggested on his site. Seems to be a very good method. Thanks richarddb!
Also during the assembly process I will be poking and prodding all connectors. Let's start this little adventure knowing all the connections are tight and firmly seated. This will add time to the assembly but seems like the right time to "shake" this puppy out of mysterious happenings as best I can on the front end.

The overview assembly instructions from rossasaurus are printed. Thanks rossasaurus!

Any extra steps to help roll this out of the garage?
I'm a "let's do it once" person. I don't mind adding a few extra steps if it helps to crank out a better bike. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Thom

scootoregon
Re: XB700Li scheduled for delivery

Congratulations Thom.

I am really liking mine. It does what I wanted it for and more. I am also using the instructions from Richard on cyclometer installation. He did us all a HUGE favor with his research and subsequent postings. Thanks again Richard.

So here is my two cents. Take the black plastic housing off of the handle bars before trying to put the bolt thru the steering column, and make sure that all the wires are still free before tightening things up. I ended up pinching my throttle control wire and making a dead short. And then you would also be able to feed the cyclometer wire down thru at the same time.

Ross also gave me instructions on the front wheel assembly. It is as follows while looking at the front of the bike.

Bolt>Fork>Washer>Spacer>Hub>Brake assembly>Fork>Nut. Make sure its tight but not binding and you are golden.

Mine will coast for almost two blocks from top speed so I am pretty sure I got it right.

Enjoy it, I am. Scott in Oregon.

ttunes
Re: XB700Li scheduled for delivery

Thanks for tip. Appreciate it. I'll let you know how it all goes. Hopefully by early Saturday on the outside. Have grampa duty tomorrow night so I'm not sure how long I will be able to play around.
Later.
Thom

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage