Electric motorcycle conversion video

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
reikiman
reikiman's picture
Electric motorcycle conversion video

Looks spif and he's clearly hooked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YISsFddEvs

This is my summer project. I converted a running KZ400 Kawasaki into a Electric Motorcycle. I enjoyed this project very much, and I use it any chance I get to. From commuting to errands, to cruises.

jyracing
jyracing's picture
Re: Electric motorcycle conversion video

Nice Emotorcycle! Looks like a series motor?
Does that large coil of +- cables make any sense to you?
Resistance through length. Sounds like it needs a bigger controller or a lighter stall throttle, not 30' of extra cable? V44?

The coil are the leads from the batteries. I wound the positive one way, then the negative the opposite way, and then plastic tied them together. I guess it makes some resistance. Also, I did this because a controller fried on me after a few months. The manufacturer told me that the surge may of hurt the controller...

Either way, sweet ride! Im so jealous. I cant wait to ride mine!

Syscrush
Re: Electric motorcycle conversion video

Cool conversion, but riding with no gear like that is insane. At least pull on a helmet, it only takes 2 seconds and it could save your life.

SORRY to the original poster, I thought that this was your video, I guess you're just sharing a link. Even so, I leave up the gear nagging because I do see a lot of pics/videos on here of people riding bikes with little or no gear, and I think it's worth having a reminder now and then how dangerous this is.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage