Sound effects for electric motorcycle

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
reikiman
reikiman's picture
Sound effects for electric motorcycle

Are EV's too quiet? Should they be making sounds just for the heck of making sounds? What of the responsibility others have for paying attention to what's going on around them? Why should we be required to make sound so others can be inattentive? And if we're going to be required to make sound why do they have to be replica's of obnoxious gas-engine sounds? Ring tones anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcFQ3pEKkMM

spinningmagnets
Re: Sound effects for electric motorcycle

I believe enough people will be concerned enough that this may eventually be enacted into law in several states, so...

Might I suggest some pre-emptive preparations?

Could someone who's more electronically inclined than me, post a hack that allows a cheap obsolete MP3-capable storage and playback device to store the sound of a motorcycle idling (in a loop) and then accelerating when the E-bike/E-scoot starts to move.

Perhaps we could start with a Vespa, a GP race motorcycle, and also a Harley. Then contributors can expand the playlist from there?

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture

My plan is to tap the motor wires for a signal and then run that through an amp and few filters. I think I could get some interesting sounds that way. ;)

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

I believe enough people will be concerned enough that this may eventually be enacted into law in several states, so...

So... should we start up lawsuits against noise pollution?! I'd be all for it.

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

smace

Beetovan' 5th or the 1812 overture would work for me, or "Kill the Wrabbit" from that Bugs bunny cartoon real loud. that should be Oobnoxious enough to turn the law around, if it ever passes.

spinningmagnets

If we can meet any new regs for noise generation with just music to allow hearing-impaired citizens to not step in front of us...

"Born to be wild", "Magic carpet ride", or "Freebird" for E-scooters?

I just don't want some government committee to designate an annoying buzzer or beeper like the crosswalks (for deaf folks)

"Weird Al" Yankovich on an endless loop...

Hmmm, a 4-stroke CNG 50cc series-hybrid generator? Make just enough noise and extend range too!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage