Underseat stand

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
undead
Underseat stand

Since I have had the Vectrix (about 2-3 months now and 550 miles in), I heeded the warning from the sales guy and the delivery guy about being very careful with the spring/stand thing that holds the seat up, in that i just pushed it forward in the middle towards the front of the bike to close the seat.

However the thing seems to have lost the ability to hold the seat up.

Can it be bent back or anything usually? I cant seem to figure out why its not working anymore. Its almost like it has twisted somehow.

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: Underseat stand

I had the same problem once. When I unscrewed the spring and put it back on it worked as new again.
Attempts to twist it did not resolve the problem beforehand.

I took it off completely later on; with the passenger hand grip removed the seat opens all the way, I find that much better. I usually do not take passengers, anyway.

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

moccasin
moccasin's picture
Re: Underseat stand

I usually bend the spring to the back, as it looks like it would get pinched on the lip if it goes to the front. I think as long as you don't bend it inward, it wouldn't matter much. Either way, it ain't a real secure system. However, I have found it helpful to lift the seat a little past the spring length, to give the spring a little stretch before letting it hold the position (there is a cable inside the spring, so it will only stretch a small bit).

It's a bit of a frustrating system when you're trying to unload groceries and can't help but touch the spring somtimes. I'm thinking that when I've had enough, I'll convert it to a cabinet latch for a more dependable support system. Just haven't had time to look into that yet.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage