Glove box lid

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
myvectrix2008
myvectrix2008's picture
Glove box lid

This is a quick request to ask if anyone could post a photo of their glove box lid in the closed position? Mine looks slightly out of line at either edge and I seem to be having a problem closing it. If I try to gently click it in to place, it won't shut and if I try to shut it a bit harder it doesn't always shut. Sometimes I have to almost slam it by gently holding it in centre. I've had a closer look at a video review from londonbikers and their lid appears to sit perfectly flush with the rest of the surrounding trim.

scowarn
Re: Glove box lid

Mine doesn't have the greatest fit either. I have to press pretty firmly to get it to close and it also doesn't line up well.
Although I feel Vectrix has done a good job with the mechanical drivetrain and components, the fit and finish of the of the rest isn't great.
Besides the glove box, the right floorboard is not flush with the body on my Vectrix.
Despite the above comments, I still love it overall.
Scott

danfield
danfield's picture

Just sharing the love- my glovebox looks a bit loose when it closes too. Minor.

undead

Got to say that mine needs a bit of a slam to close - otherwise not really bothered. Still well impressed with it :)

AndY1
AndY1's picture

Same here as all above. But I'm not bothered. Those 1-2 mm is ok with me. Anyway, I will only keep first-aid kit in the glove box.

kito

Hi,

Not sure if my Vectrix is special but the I have no issues with my glove compartment. It closes like a regular glove compartment with the click noise when the latch is engaged. I can close it very slowly with very little pressure- like one would expect. Definitely not worrying about pressing in the center. By the way you put it, it sounds like you need to press very hard to cause the plastic to bend the plastic lid into position. I would get a dealer to look at it if it bothers you. I personally use the compartment for gloves, sunglasses, and to store insurance cards.

Anyways here is a bad picture of my glove box which was taken phone my phone camera.

VectrixGlove.jpg

Buzby
Buzby's picture

If I have any issue with the glove box is that the plastic it is made of is very insubstantial. It can be easily distorted and I've seen kids plastic toys given free with a Happy Meal that has greater rigidity. That said, I don;t use it often, but it annoys me to think that the rest of the bike is so well specified, yet this minor thing has be so under constructed.

- Raymond

Magendanz
Magendanz's picture

Mine shows inconsistent tolerance when shut as well, but my main complaint is that the opening mechanism stopped working. Originally, when I'd twist the key the glove box would pop open on its own. Now I've got to twist the key and apply some pressure to pry it open. It's probably just a matter of adjusting the clearance in the latch mechanism, but it's not typical of the production value I see everywhere else on the bike.

Wotnopetrol

Yes, I agree, it's a little cheap in comparison with the rest of the bike. I do like however that it's almost invisible, undetectable.

On another bike I have, there is is a similar cubby hole, which I leave unlocked as it's so obvious and tempting.

Indeed, one would be thief jammed a screwdriver into its lock to open it, even though as I said it is ALWAYS left unlocked, thus proving once more that in general thieves are lowlife wretches lacking intelligence and would rather use a sledgehammer to crack a nut. No skill, style nor finesse. LOL!

Simon

Mik
Mik's picture

Blessed are the ones who have only the glove box to worry about.....LOL

The glove box doors on both my Vectrixes were not much chop, either, but I have not even mentioned it (I think, from memory...) because of all the other serious problems I had to deal with.

That's one broken rear light, 3 blown main fuses, 1 smoldering motor controller, an oval ringgear, whining and pitting of the planetary gears, poor range (9km on day one), bad cells in the battery.......and a cancelled warranty!

But now that you guys are bringing it up I might as well add in that it was pretty much the first thing I noticed on my first Vectrix; cheap compared to the rest of it.

It lets in a bit of water, too.

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

danfield
danfield's picture
Rear taillight

Mik,
You mentioned broken taillight which is the first I heard on the blog. My whole tail assembly- rear brake light and rear light- went out. Is that what happened with yours? The turn signals still worked. Happened about 500 miles, for the record.
danfield

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage