Standing battery discharge

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
undead
Standing battery discharge

An observation -

Every day for the past 6 weeks, I have been doing my daily commute, and plugging in at night for the timer to kick off about 1am making the bike ready and fully charged by the time I get up at 7am.

One day this week, I rode to my business partners house and had to leave the bike in his garage (not charging) for 3 days. When I left it in the garage, the bike had 10 miles remaining.

When I came to collect the bike, I started it up, still had 10 miles and about 4 bars reamaining - now bear in mind that my bike, despite how hard its ridden, has never done the lose the last 4 bars trick.

I rode it the 5 miles home, and halfway I got my first ever red battery light and BUSVULT(Sp?) error message came up when I was accelerating hard, despite the range still showing about 5 miles and the battery having about 2-3 bars remaining.

This would kind of back up Miks dead cell theory for his problem I suppose, as the cells may not have discharged equally during the time it was standing doing nothing.

Thoughts?

Mik
Mik's picture
Re: Standing battery discharge

Hopefully not quite dead yet....

But maybe behaving like this: (Vectux cell 103-28)

Click to enlarge.

In a few days I should know how much this cell can be improved.

Whilst reconditioning the other cells I'll let it stand and then test after a few days or weeks if it's self discharge rate is different from the other cells.

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage