Connecting PC & Monitoring SW

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
dpDev
Connecting PC & Monitoring SW

Hi All,
I've had a test drive and have Vectrex fever bad. Before I get one, I'm trying to learn all I can about it.
I've read here that service technicians can connect a laptop PC to the scooter to update software and perform diagnostics. How is this connection made? Is some sort of USB adapter needed or what? Is there any sort of monitoring software available for users? I understand that modifying any settings would not be supported by Vectrix and probably void your warranty but some sort of read only (from the scooter) software to monitor battery condition, charge / discharge performance, etc would be really useful to users. Wouldn't it be nice to know if your battery had any bad cells before the warranty expires? Read only diagnostics would be really helpful too. I bet there is a wealth of interesting info in there if we could only read it. Is there any information available on PC communication with the scooter? Perhaps some of the computer science, engineering types on the forum could write some open source monitoring software for Vectrix scooters.... Anyone interested?
-Dan

danfield
danfield's picture
Re: Connecting PC & Monitoring SW

The connection is through a serial to USB dongle that my dealer doesn't have yet. I offered to go to Fry's to get one but they didn't take me up on the offer. The software is proprietary and the disk they gave the dealer was just a burnt copy and it included diagnostics that we couldn't look at without the right connector. I will get a look in the future.
danfield9855

AndY1
AndY1's picture

The COM port connector on the Vectrix is in the glove compartment, on the back wall.

Mik
Mik's picture

The connection is through a serial to USB dongle that my dealer doesn't have yet. I offered to go to Fry's to get one but they didn't take me up on the offer. The software is proprietary and the disk they gave the dealer was just a burnt copy and it included diagnostics that we couldn't look at without the right connector. I will get a look in the future.

The connector costs several hundred dollars.
http://visforvoltage.org/forum/2775-vectrix-technical-resources#comment-17850

Does anyone here have a copy of the software? Scooterdiagnostics installation.exe???

A private message regarding this would be juuust what I like....

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage