Lamps on xb700Li

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
ttunes
Lamps on xb700Li

Got the new scoot Friday. Had a rear run light burn out today. The brake filament is still good. Funny thing is when I pulled the bulb out the rating stamp shows 36V. No wonder it burned out. Put in a support ticket...we'll see how that goes for a new lamp.
Any one else notice odd ratings for the lamps on the 700Li? 36v running on 48v will be brighter but won't last as long when used at about 133% of rating input.
Has anyone seen a parts diagram or know where to get parts for these 700Li's? I haven't found a source -- the Xtreme website says under construction or something like that.

Thanks.

Thom

scootoregon
Re: Lamps on xb700Li

Hi Thom.

According to what I have read, Base Station Zero, Travelectro, and Solutions Gem should all carry spare parts as well as the Xtreme page. I haven't delved into the lighting yet but I will be soon as I am anticipating a switch to LED.

Good luck with your ticket. Safe scooting, Scott.

rossasaurus
rossasaurus's picture

Hi Thom,
I was told by X-treme to order parts using the following email:

parts [at] x-tremescooters.com

I'm assuming they'll get back to you....to get your CC #.

Ross

ttunes

Xtreme s sending the entire right rear lamp assembly. They are out of stock for indiviual lamps.

Doing a little checking around the incandescent lamps are pretty pricey.
I am looking to convert over to the LED's like solutiongem. Part of the homework is of course do I put in a dc - dc convertor or use a dropping resistor. The calculator tells me to use dropping resistors. I'll work on this over the winter months to be ready by spring -- no big hurries or emergencies so no reason to get excited. I'll let you know how it goes.
I am also going to add a voltmeter and an ammeter. I'd like to get an idea of normal running parameters for the 2 basic ingredients on the 700Li.

Later.
Thom

benmart

My brake light filaments were okay, just the tail-light filaments went south along with the license plate light. My bulbs have 56V stamped on them which is odd. Extreme fixed me up minus the plate light which I am still waiting on.

Tonight I was out riding and noticed my front amber turn signal was not flashing. Off I go to the house and took off the front windshield and instrument housing so I could get at the bulb.

Picture_002.jpg

The filament was intact when I inspected the bulb but noticed that the green wire to the back of the bulb had come loose at the solder point. It looks like there was tension on the wire which eventually pulled itself loose.

Picture_001.jpg

I taped the bulb down so I could re-solder the green wire to the back of the bulb housing.

Picture_006.jpg

While I was inside I also reseated and secured the black moisture covers on the backs of the headlight bulbs housings which had come loose.

Picture_005.jpg

I also discovered a missing and loose nut that secures the front faring to the frame.

Picture_007.jpg

I suggest having a roll of duct tape, electrical tape and a selection of zip ties to secure dangling wires, the horn and anything else that may come loose, rub together and short out, etc. I also checked all screws, nuts, etc.

Picture_009.jpg

The project took 1 1/2 hours which included soldering the loose wire, hunting loose odds & ends and tightening things which should have been done at the factory or corrected by quality control if they have such a thing.

Oh, the front turn signal now works! I tested it before I put everything back together.
Happy scooting!

Ben - Modesto

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage