Well I'm About to Join the Club

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
retrodog
retrodog's picture
Well I'm About to Join the Club

Ok, so I've been on here for a few months and learning all this good info from you guys and getting all interested in the electric motorcycle thing so... I'm picking up a new red 07 tomorrow. They're pulling it out of the crate and getting ready to charge it up as I write this. Hopefully it will all be fine.

So thanks for all the good info and get ready for a lot more questions.

My environment is the flat lands between Houston and Galveston so hills are no issue. I'll hopefully be able to get maximum range out of the batteries.

moccasin
moccasin's picture
Re: Well I'm About to Join the Club

Congrats!

I bought $30 worth of gas today for my truck. That's the first gas I've bought since July 31! :-) Of course, I'm milking it for all it's worth right now, because probably like you, our winter weather is not cold, but just plain nasty and unsafe, with fog and rain and slick roads, so I figure I'm coming up on at least a couple of months of very iffy opportunities to ride the Vectrix to work.

I keep rain gear at work, so my goals are, if it's not too cold or wet to GET to work, I can deal with whatever it takes to get 3.5 miles home.

What kind of range are your in need of? Will your daily needs require at-work charging, or can you sum up your normal day's travel in less than 30 miles. Without a lot of stops and hills, I think my bike would do close to 30 miles at 55mph. I have a 25 mile loop in my area that is mostly uncluttered 55mph Highway, with four to six stops and a couple of fairly decent hills to climb (the last one being at the end) and my bike does this loop with no problems, but if I run it out to 28 miles, it will cut the speed and power on me for miles 29 and 30, and I have to really baby it to get it up the hill to my house on that last mile.

Everybody's range is going to be different, and dependant on not only terrain, but the number of intersections you'll take off from and how smoothly the traffic flows on your route, but I think the advertised ranges for this bike are a little incompatible with the selling point that the bike is highway capable. It's nice to know that some people around the globe are getting 40 or 50 miles per charge, but in my world, that just ain't gonna happen. However, in my world, I really only need 24 miles per day, and if I need more than that, I can charge at work.

I hope your new bike serves you as well as mine does me!

retrodog
retrodog's picture

Congrats!

What kind of range are your in need of? Will your daily needs require at-work charging, or can you sum up your normal day's travel in less than 30 miles.

Thanks. I only live 5 miles from work so I'm well within the range of the bike. I'll be driving it to work part time and a lot of running around the area in the evenings. I like to go out for a ride after work and am looking forward to using the Vectrix for that.

dgh853

Great news retrodog! Welcome to the rapidly growing number of Vectrix owners.

I have a red '07 model and am very happy with it.

Thanks for joining the move to cleaner transport and doing something that helps the environment and our kids future!

AndY1
AndY1's picture

Welcome to the club!

retrodog
retrodog's picture

Thanks guys. My new ride...

AndY1
AndY1's picture

Wow!

Enjoy riding the bike! I know you will ;-)

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture

Looks like it was made for you retrodog...

Grandpa Chas S.

retrodog
retrodog's picture

Ok, so I've put about 125 miles on it over the last few days. I've been having a blast. I still haven't hooked up the new charging timer but that will happen in the near future.

I just wanted to say that what I find truly amazing about this bike is the power delivery. Sure, it doesn't try to send you off the back of the seat, but when you're cruising along at 40 mph and want to speed up quickly... it just plain takes off with no hesitation at all. Amazing feel. Responsiveness like this will spoil a person.

Also, the handling is amazing. I've driven many different types of bikes and this is one of the best at controllability. My Valkyrie is very stable and easy to drive/control. The Vectrix is right on par with it, and lighter too. Very nice. I can easily see why people love them so much.

racermike39
racermike39's picture

Not a Vetrix owner but...

[/quote]
Thanks. I only live 5 miles from work so I'm well within the range of the bike. I'll be driving it to work part time and a lot of running around the area in the evenings. I like to go out for a ride after work and am looking forward to using the Vectrix for that. [/quote]

Congrats on the Vetrix. I have a home built 72V motorcycle conversion, and I live 6 miles from work. I have been really enjoying blasting through the back roads, and making the trip home 12 or so miles....twist, scenic country roads....BECAUSE I CAN :>).

I know you will also.

Racermike
5 years ago I met Jesus and he total ruined my life. I have never been happier.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage