Vectrix announces new models

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
dshupp
Vectrix announces new models

New Vectrix models for the 2009 model year were announced in the October 8 press release:

"Expanded Product Family
For the new financial year Vectrix is introducing an expanded Product Family. The flagship product will be called the Vx1 and will be a refreshed version of the current Vectrix bike. A new model identified as the Vx1e will be introduced in spring 2009. The Vx1e uses the same platform and drive train as the Vx1, but features a more urban commuter driver profile with slightly less acceleration and top speed and will create an exciting new price point. In addition, in summer 2009, the Company will introduce an entry level model called the Vx2. The Vx2 will be a smaller and more compact electric equivalent of a 50cc internal combustion engine (ICE) bike and use both US and European designs. The Company expects to add additional power profiles to this product up to the electric equivalent of a 150cc ICE motor bike. Like the Vx1 and Vx1e, the Vx2 will have the distinctive style and quality consumers have come to expect from Vectrix."

Vectrix 10-08 Press Release

Buzby
Buzby's picture
Re: Vectrix announces new models

Am I the only person disappointed at the lack of progress on the W3....? OK, out models are still the flagship model - but the other two are just 'toys'...... I was expecting the W3 to be called the VX3 and be launched in the Spring of 2009...!

- Raymond

retrodog
retrodog's picture

Am Ijavascript:edCloseAllTags(0);
javascript:edCloseAllTags(0); the only person disappointed at the lack of progress on the W3....? OK, out models are still the flagship model - but the other two are just 'toys'...... I was expecting the W3 to be called the VX3 and be launched in the Spring of 2009...!

To be honest, I think coming out with new models at all is a little aggressive. I get the impression that Vectrix is doing ok, but now taking off like wildfire. I'm not sure where they currently stand on making a profit but expected them to carry on with the initial model for a while. But hey, maybe it's necessary to compete with Zap and others to get a good foothold in the market, or at least to create the image as the founder.

kito

Hey that was interesting press release. Its not clear how they intend to modify the bike speed and range. It sounds like they may just modify the firmware or use low capacity batteries. It gets me to think about how computer companies sell different speeds of the CPUs even though in many cases they are exactly the same chip with some fuses blown to lock them to a certain speed. I wonder if Vectrix is up to the same strategy or are they redesigning stuff. Next thing would be people asking how to overclock their bike. lol.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage